Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TiteGroup

Drillbit

nope...i dont use anyhting but titegroup in my 45acp`s. especially for 200gr swc`s.

use all year long here in PA. never any problems & always the same accuracy!!

add... as far as fps, i dont remember ever chrono them in both cold or warm times.

like i said, accuracy was always the same. my les baer & range office are nice tight groups @ 25yds.

Edited by MAC10

it is poss. that much +/- would translate to 50 fps. but would doubt it.

but on a cooler/colder day you might notice a diff in fps. but as far as accuracy...i don`t think so at least 25 to 50 yds.

Edited by MAC10

18 hours ago, tires2burn said:

Are you hand weighing each load exactly the same? My powder drop will vary 1/10 a grain + or - and that could calculate into 50 fps maybe.

When I'm working up a load, I keep a close eye on powder weight so I can get an accurate chrono reading.  TiteGroup meters really well.

Edited by Drillbit

Titegroup is absolutely temp sensitive. I've chrono'd my loads in many different temperatures. Slower in colder weather, faster in hotter weather. But 50 fps difference with only an 8° temperature difference is a little extreme. Either one set of loads were still at room temperature when you shot them, or they sat in the sun, and actually warmed up from the radiant heat.

Fwiw, my loads developed at 70°, feel like magnum loads when I'm shooting them in 90° heat,

Edited by Postal Bob

• 1 month later...

Titegroup likes near max loads in 45, it does not like to be downloaded like bullseye or WST for light plinkers. That is why its window of charge weights is usually narrow. But I have noticed If you load it at its starting point there's more velocity deviation. Temp may exacerbate those light charge weight to create the OP concerns. But at the top or max it settles and becomes eerily consistent, all the time. I exclusively run TItegroup in 45 ACP with a 200 gr bullet at 168-170pf. Never noticed any difference in feel or major velocity drops/increases with temp changes. I always found it to be the most consistant powder in the .45 as far as accuracy and velocity deviation at major pf. Ive also noticed this enigma in 38 special, it likes hot loads with heavy bullets or medium to hot with lighter bullets from the added charge volume with the lighter bullets. 

1 hour ago, BallisticianX said:

I exclusively run TItegroup in 45 ACP with a 200 gr bullet at 168-170pf. Never noticed any difference in feel or major velocity drops/increases with temp changes. I always found it to be the most consistant powder in the .45 as far as accuracy and velocity deviation at major pf. 

What's your load for using Titegroup with 200 gr bullets?