Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stiff magazine release

John92awd

On a TS orange. The magazine release is stiffer than my other 75 models. Is there anything that can be done to make it easier to press?
try cutting one coil off at a time and then testing it. go slow and get it to right where you need it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

try cutting one coil off at a time and then testing it. go slow and get it to right where you need it

Really?

0420006001.png.3f958eae9723cec36842f0eea18017f6.png

OP- really isn't much to the mag release.  You could disassemble the pistol and see if there's anything binding.  Alternatively do a few thumb presses ;0

Edited by muncie21

Really?

OP- really isn't much to the mag release.  You could disassemble the pistol and see if there's anything binding.  Alternatively do a few thumb presses ;0
oh snap that's right. I'm thinking of a 2011. Nevermind, take a look in the and see what's happening

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Remove spring.  Use pliers to gently compress spring to narrow the gap between legs.  Reinstall and test.  Repeat as necessary to get the release you want.  The spring may require bending the upper 1/3 to 1/2 out slight and the lower in.  This will help prevent the mags release from getting loose.

1. Unscrew a little the holding screw.Maybe is overtired and doesn't leave the spring to work.

2. Check the mag release for burrs.

3. Remove spring.  Put the screw in the semicircle that is in top of the spring and  use pliers to gently compress spring to narrow the gap between the top of legs. 

Repeat as necessary to get the release you want. Be careful don't over do it

αρχείο λήψης.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, muncie21 said:

Really?

I was thinking this and then I thought maybe a TS has a different type of mag release.  LOL

1 hour ago, John92awd said:

Okay. I was thinking that something like this would be possible but wanted to see is anyone here had experience.  I'm going to disassemble and do this a bit at a time. 

Thanks!

Let us know how it goes. I have always noticed that the mag release is stiffer than another gun I have ever had, but just dealt with it. Really didn't know something could be done about it.

6 hours ago, John92awd said:

To update. I squished it a bit similar to the way manolis showed. I started on the legs of the spring. It took a few tries but it is now similar effort required to the way my shadow 2 came factory. 

Success!

Glad that you are happy.

Manolis

9 hours ago, John92awd said:

To update. I squished it a bit similar to the way manolis showed. I started on the legs of the spring. It took a few tries but it is now similar effort required to the way my shadow 2 came factory. 

Success!

Thanks for the update.