Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help With Trigger Problem.

Fireant

I shot an IDPA match last month and had to rack the slide after almost every round because my trigger would not reset. I thought maybe my cut down recoil spring had given out, so I bought some new 13# and an 11#. It's all stock except for thr recoil rod/spring. It still will not reset when I hold the trigger in and rack the slide and then let off of the trigger. I've checked everything. What am I missing?

Take it apart give it a good cleaning... Make sure your connector is not walking on you.. How many rounds do you have through it already? With all stock unmodified parts it should be pretty easy to diagnose the problem....

Edit post: You did say you were using all stock parts right... I thought I remember seeing a post regarding some LS products you were using in your g22?? Do you have a cut slide cover plate? You could slap it on there and then see exactly what your trigger and connector are not doing to cause the problem....

On another thread I posted a similar problem that occurred while removing a 3.5 connector and replacing one. You might have stock parts but if you pulled your connector out with a screw driver and bent it out too far then bent it back in too far to try to correct it that will cause no reset.

Like Open 17 suggested make sure that it isn't tight against the housing that it is in.

These days when pulling the connector instead of a screw driver and prying up, I take the Glock tool and push it out through the hole on the other side of the housing. This way the angle of the bend doesn't change at all.

Rick

If you have the stock striker spring installed with a light recoil spring, your gun will come out of battery as you pull the trigger. There is not enough tension with the recoil spring to move the striker rearward to fire.

Unload the gun, hold the muzzle straight up and very slowly pull the trigger. Any movement of the barrel/slide will prevent your gun from firing. Are your firing pin hits on the primers off center?

Had the same problem with mine. Once you switch back to the stock recoil spring you won't have any more problems. Or change out your striker spring for a lighter one and then you'll be OK.

Let us know what happens.

Dan

I guess it just needed a very good cleaning. I finally cleaned it tonight and no it works fine. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure that the trigger return spring was connected now that I think back to when I took it apart. Someone was talking to me at the time and I can not remember.

Good to hear that you cleared up the problem.. My open glock gets all kinds of brass shavings and pieces of primer everywhere and if any gets in between the connector or the trigger bar and the frame it will cause a similar problem to what you were experiencing.... Make sure you clean out the striker tunnel and safetly plunger as well and leave them dry for reassembly... The bottom of the slide that rides on the connector needs to be cleaned as well and lightly lubed where it contacts the connector.. I polished both mating surfaces on the connector and the slide...