Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New EAA Stock 2 - Barrel Lug Wear Problem

MNEric

Hello Guys,

I'm looking for advice on this gun - what would you do?

Background: I purchased a stock 2 last week and noticed during initial oil and cleaning there were metal shavings in the gun/under the dust cover. I thought it was odd on a ~1K gun it would leave the factory this way..The lugs are worn (appear sheared about half way up the lug - raised burr is about .002 inch).

Please give me your recommendations?

Also, how does the slide look? (is the chamfer on the bottom 2 slide lugs normal?)

Thanks.

barrel_2.png
barrel_3.png
barrel_4.png
slide_1.png

Edited by MNEric

Well the chamfer on the front of the slide lugs and back of the barrel lugs seems normal.  However the wear on the other side is definitely not good.  QC definitely.

Maybe see if you can fit the barrel better or just get a new one?

I'm going through same exact issue with second stock 2, a brand new gun, zero rounds. Sent it back to EAA and waiting to hear back. Swapped barrel with the old gun, new barrel in old gun still has lock up issues, the barrel lugs must be slightly out of spec. Old barrel in new gun works fine. Will report back.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I knew it would be going back to EAA for warranty (just didn't want to admit it) - sucks because it is a brand new pistol and I get to pay shipping!

I plan to update on how my interaction with EAA goes.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:09 PM, Polymer said:

I'm going through same exact issue with second stock 2, a brand new gun, zero rounds. Sent it back to EAA and waiting to hear back. Swapped barrel with the old gun, new barrel in old gun still has lock up issues, the barrel lugs must be slightly out of spec. Old barrel in new gun works fine. Will report back.

Polymer - Please let me know what gets replaced and how your dealings with EAA go? Mine will be following your pistol back to the factory.

(i.e. did they replace the barrel, barrel/slide combo, whole new pistol?)

Thanks,

Eric

Got off phone with EAA.  They stated it was my fault that caused the barrel lugs to wear improperly.  They stated the polish job I did on the trigger bar is causing timing issues/hammer to drag/etc.  Made me pay for new barrel and trigger bar, with labor.  I refused and told them to send gun back.  

I have another Tanfoglio Stock 2 purchased approximately 2 years ago, with several thousand rounds through it.  I swapped barrels and noticed the new barrel also had lock up issues in the old gun; old barrel was fine in the new gun. Therefore, I asked them if there is a possible issue with somewhere on barrel being out of spec.  I stated this to them and they completely went overboard, not even addressing the issue, yelling at me saying I did not know what I was doing and I caused all the issues and they do not have any warranty service with any modified firearms.  They stated I fired this firearm with all the polish work done to it and I caused the issue when it is a brand new firearm, only fired from factory.  Worst experience ever.  Don't even bother to send anything to them unless it's a brand new and completely factory.  I can see now why everyone in the past has horrible experience with them.  I'm going to talk to PD about my issue or just buy new barrel myself.  

2 hours ago, Polymer said:

Got off phone with EAA.  They stated it was my fault that caused the barrel lugs to wear improperly.  They stated the polish job I did on the trigger bar is causing timing issues/hammer to drag/etc.  Made me pay for new barrel and trigger bar, with labor.  I refused and told them to send gun back.  

I have another Tanfoglio Stock 2 purchased approximately 2 years ago, with several thousand rounds through it.  I swapped barrels and noticed the new barrel also had lock up issues in the old gun; old barrel was fine in the new gun. Therefore, I asked them if there is a possible issue with somewhere on barrel being out of spec.  I stated this to them and they completely went overboard, not even addressing the issue, yelling at me saying I did not know what I was doing and I caused all the issues and they do not have any warranty service with any modified firearms.  They stated I fired this firearm with all the polish work done to it and I caused the issue when it is a brand new firearm, only fired from factory.  Worst experience ever.  Don't even bother to send anything to them unless it's a brand new and completely factory.  I can see now why everyone in the past has horrible experience with them.  I'm going to talk to PD about my issue or just buy new barrel myself.  

Yelling at you?  Yeah GREAT customer service.  Sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately it sounds like all you need is an in-spec barrel and they are unwilling to provide that on their dime. 

Before buying a new barrel I wonder if you could get your old one to fit by filing on the lugs a bit.  Maybe the lugs on your new barrel are too wide.  Maybe they are just positioned too far forward.  I'd be curious to see the difference on their position and/or widths compared with your older barrel.

29 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

Yelling at you?  Yeah GREAT customer service.  Sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately it sounds like all you need is an in-spec barrel and they are unwilling to provide that on their dime. 

Before buying a new barrel I wonder if you could get your old one to fit by filing on the lugs a bit.  Maybe the lugs on your new barrel are too wide.  Maybe they are just positioned too far forward.  I'd be curious to see the difference on their position and/or widths compared with your older barrel.

Yep, I'm going to do all that from what PD told me to do and advice from John here on the board. 

On 10/1/2018 at 3:08 PM, Polymer said:

WOW! I am terribly sorry to hear how you were treated by EAA. However, thank you for getting back to me and the Benos forums. 

FYI, I have not modified anything on mine, just dry fired it.... I'm so hesitant to send it in now (and with payment to ship back too) on my dime to test out the 'EAA lifetime warranty'....

Edited by MNEric

Ugh.  It seems like EAA goes through cycles where they are reasonable with customers and then unreasonable.  I, too, am baffled as to how polishing a trigger bar could cause timing issues... I wonder if calling one of the EAA dealers who have some kind of relationship with the people in Rockledge might be helpful.  

Wow, I am so glad i dont have to deal with those monkeys.

In Canada I have a great relationship with the dealer. Awesome to deal with.

My stock II came with a cosmetic defect on a barrel and it was replaced under warranty with no issues or second guessing my work.

i have done all my triggers and you cannot affect the timing by polishing, that is simply a lie from an uneducated rep who was regurgitating a Managers speech.

Your barrel is not fitted properly. Both the slugs and peanut (sometimes) need some fitting.

since you are in the US, PD is the way to go.

cheers

Edited by Avenida