Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Delta and Nationals.

pjb45

I ordered some PD 40 Major loaded long ammo.  They say it makes major.  I believe them.  Over 20 rounds in two segments there was a difference of .5 PF.

I have had issues with my CED previously (noted in the forum earlier).  It has consistently measured lower than Nationals.

It chrono'd at 161 and 161.5 today.  The barrel is a very tight Nowlin.  

Has anyone used their Major ammo and not made major in a 40 Limited (SV in my case) ?

I have some control ammo from previously Nationals but did not have it today.  It is packed away for now but I will find it and go back out.  But until then....?

BTW: it was very soft shooting.  Very little muzzle flip but I am running a full dust cover, tungsten guide rod and steel frame.  I was impressed.  

On 9/24/2018 at 7:56 PM, pjb45 said:

I ordered some PD 40 Major loaded long ammo.  They say it makes major.  I believe them.  Over 20 rounds in two segments there was a difference of .5 PF.

I have had issues with my CED previously (noted in the forum earlier).  It has consistently measured lower than Nationals.

It chrono'd at 161 and 161.5 today.  The barrel is a very tight Nowlin.  

Has anyone used their Major ammo and not made major in a 40 Limited (SV in my case) ?

I have some control ammo from previously Nationals but did not have it today.  It is packed away for now but I will find it and go back out.  But until then....?

BTW: it was very soft shooting.  Very little muzzle flip but I am running a full dust cover, tungsten guide rod and steel frame.  I was impressed.  

PJB, 

Give PD a call if you are having issues, and I’m sure we can get it squared away before  Nats. 

It would be very very odd that it chronos that low.  I’ve seen 168ish out of some guns, but I shoot a LOT of this ammo, and have never come close to not making major at a match, but anything is possible. 

Mainly, I want to make sure your all set for Nats. 

On 9/24/2018 at 5:56 PM, pjb45 said:

I ordered some PD 40 Major loaded long ammo.

They say on their website that their OAL is 1.180 for their long ammo. Are you able to feed those reliably on your SV? I know, on mine, it fill not feed anything below 1.195 reliably (meaning 100%)  and those that feed will have marks on the nose from hitting the bottom of the ramp.

1 hour ago, tanks said:

They say on their website that their OAL is 1.180 for their long ammo. Are you able to feed those reliably on your SV? I know, on mine, it fill not feed anything below 1.195 reliably (meaning 100%)  and those that feed will have marks on the nose from hitting the bottom of the ramp.

Marks on the nose of .40 bullet in a 2011 are very rarely from the feeding process.  It is usually caused by the bottom corner of the feed ramp hitting the top round in the magazine during the ejection process. 

1.180 should feed reliably in a 2011.  I know of several shooters that run 1.180" jacketed ammo successfully in SV Limted guns. 

On 10/3/2018 at 11:48 AM, Ssanders224 said:

Marks on the nose of .40 bullet in a 2011 are very rarely from the feeding process.  It is usually caused by the bottom corner of the feed ramp hitting the top round in the magazine during the ejection process. 

1.180 should feed reliably in a 2011.  I know of several shooters that run 1.180" jacketed ammo successfully in SV Limted guns. 

I have only shot PD ammo in my old STI and it was great. I have a SV with a AET Schuman barrel and am wondering how it would group, crono and load if anyone knows. It’s the 5.4 sight tracker barrel. Thinking about ordering a case since time is on me to get my reloaded stuff shipped...

7 hours ago, Boudreaux78 said:

I have only shot PD ammo in my old STI and it was great. I have a SV with a AET Schuman barrel and am wondering how it would group, crono and load if anyone knows. It’s the 5.4 sight tracker barrel. Thinking about ordering a case since time is on me to get my reloaded stuff shipped...

It should shoot great. One of my older Limited guns was an AET.