Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Differences Between EAA Witness Elite and the Witness Stock 1

glennv

Just picked up an older Witness Stock 1, rounded trigger guard without the full length dust cover. Two questions, how much different is this gun from the Witness Elite and are there sources for thin grips. (seems like grips for the round trigger guard are rare.)

It's  a "Stock", not a stock 1. 

Yeah, totally confusing!

Grips that fit a "Match" will fit that gun.

https://shop.coppergungrips.com/EAA-Witness-Grips-large-frame-Lava-Rock-Texture-WitnessL.htm

Those are the most common.

All of the fancy go fast parts for the competition guns will fit that one too. Hammer, sear, firing pins, springs, etc

What John said.

They came out with a Stock. Then later when the Stock II arrived, people referred to the original gun as a Stock I.

Then we got a Stock III and still everything was fine and dandy.

Well, their newest gun model has “Stock 1” engraved in the side instead of a far more logical “Stock 4”... and it is a very different gun from your Stock.

Ugh. Thanks, Tanfo.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

and the first Star Wars was really the four movie....

Seriously though. Thanks for the details. I have a Stock 3 and it seems there are ample aftermarket grips as well as Witness Elite grips but are not interchangeable. However, the older rounded trigger guard Stock seems to be the red headed stepchild as far as grips go.

• 5 weeks later...

Hmm, is an old Stock exactly the same as a Stock 2 except for sights and dust cover?

My guess is a strong no since you folks are discussing which grips fit what, but wanted to be sure. 

If it was a lighter stock 2 with different sights but the same frame then I thought it might be a fun thing to play with. 

9 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Hmm, is an old Stock exactly the same as a Stock 2 except for sights and dust cover?

My guess is a strong no since you folks are discussing which grips fit what, but wanted to be sure. 

If it was a lighter stock 2 with different sights but the same frame then I thought it might be a fun thing to play with. 

The old STOCK has the sights like a Match, the cone barrel of the Stock2, but the round trigger guard frame of the Match.

Yeah...

sort of a mutt. 

• 3 weeks later...