Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Gold Issue

Trevarm

I won an AR Gold Trigger off of the prize table at Gen III this past weekend. I installed it into one of my ARs and found something weird. When I dry fire the gun the and hold the trigger back and then rack the charging handle 1 of 2 things happens. If I slowly let the bolt down the trigger resets and seems to work normal. 

If I release the charging handle or lock the bolt back and hit the bolt release the trigger does not reset and I have a dead trigger. 

I have not had a chance to make it to the range to test it with live ammo yet, but it seems like I may have an issue if the trigger is not resetting. 

Anyone else ever run into this issue?

Edited by Trevarm

The AR is nothing special. It's a 10.3 inch SBR with a Spikes tactical lower. Upper is a CMT tactical with a full mass Odin Works carrier. The rifle has had a Geissele and a trigger tech trigger in it. Both of them functioned without any issues. 

Edited by Trevarm

Just tried the gun without a safety even in it and it did the same thing.

I also tried some of my other uppers. They don't seem to have the problem. I then took the bolts from the other uppers and put them in the 10.3 upper. The problem came back.

So as far as I can tell the trigger doesn't like the CMT billet upper. 

Edited by Trevarm

7 hours ago, Trevarm said:

So as far as I can tell the trigger doesn't like the CMT billet upper. 

Very well could just be the combination. I bought a ELF trigger and put it in a Mega billet upper/lower set and I got nothing but light strikes. Put the same trigger in a Frederick billet upper/lower set and it works flawlessly.

When you have the dead trigger is the hammer following the bolt home or is it engaging the sear?

Do the trigger pin sleeves look good? Could they be off or cracked somehow?

First thing I would do is contact American Trigger Corp.

• 1 month later...