Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Usa - Schedule

Flexmoney

FYI.

Message from Jim Scoutten:

We have a one-week-only pre-emption in the schedule that will make Shooting USA and Sighting In with Shooting USA very hard to find this week.

The Thursday night play for the West Coast and the Friday night time slots are pre-empted by contract requirements to air a couple of fishing shows. This is a one-week change caused by the schedule disruption from the Tour de France... part of the process of settling into a reliable schedule for the rest of 2005.

We do have a pair of re-runs appearing, but at really difficult times, unless you have a Tivo or recorder to catch them:

Shooting USA is a re-run of the USPSA Limited Nationals

Monday 8/15 at 8:30 AM Eastern Time - 5:30 AM Pacific

Monday 8/15 at 12:30 PM Eastern - 9:30 AM Pacific

Thursday 8/18 at Noon Eastern - 9:00 AM Pacific

Sighting In with Shooting USA is a re-run of Getting Started in IDPA Shooting

Tuesday 8/16 at 8:30 AM Eastern Time - 5:30 AM Pacific

Thursday 8/18 at 9:30 AM Eastern - 6:30 AM Pacific

As a result of the difficult times, the Gun-of-the-Month question for this week is more obvious than what you may expect in the weeks ahead. You'll find it on the home page www.ShootingUSA.com with a link to the contest entry form:

And you'll find a big button on the TV Schedule Page to send your thoughts to OLN.

Finally, for Hockey fans: there are reports OLN has just signed a deal with the NHL to air their games.

Jim

JimScoutten@ShootingUSA.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave Thomas

USPSA Executive Director

I hate seeing Jim and John constantly getting crapped on by OLN. Obviously Jim needs to get a couple tattoos and sit on a pimped-out Harley while he does the show. It seems to be the only way to get respect on cable these days. <_<

With TiVo I don't actually know when Jim's shows are on. I just see them on the "recorded list" and play them when I feel like it. Before TiVo I almost never actually saw the shows or if I did it was the last 10 minutes.

What really tweaks me out is when OLN changes the schedule and doesn't update whatever TiVo gets it list from and I end up watching some stupid show with Buck and Bubba going after bass in some swamp.

• 3 weeks later...
Before TiVo I almost never actually saw the shows or if I did it was the last 10 minutes.

Ditto! TiVo and like services are outstanding! Finally WE have control of what to watch and when.

BUT ... the networks are catching on ... i.e. 'LOST' last season...always ran an extra 5 mins. ... thus killing the recording of another show right after it. :angry:

D@mn ... I need TWO TiVos!!! :D But rather by more practice ammo!