Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please Suggest A Revolver For Uspsa

mcb

I only play with a wheel gun every once and a while. I use an 646 with 170pf loads. The recoil is sharp but manable. The only thing that i did was to install an black magic trigger kit. I like the 646 becouse it is a k frame and fits my small hands.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to weigh in here, the only reasons I can see for going the K or L frame route are:

You already have one.

The recoil of Major is a real problem.

You are just out having fun, and don't want to spend time or money being competitive.

That said, a .38 Special revolver can teach you a whole lot about sight alignment and trigger control, without breaking the bank in ammo costs. But as a competition gun, I'd leave all my K and L frame guns in the safe to shoot USPSA/IPSC.

Tim: 

Just so you know what's going on here.....Bubber, Hopalong, Luke, and Chuck are trying to talk you into getting a slow ol' K-frame so they can try to whip up on you with their moonclip guns.  Trust me, this is a bunch of extremely devious gamers. 

Me, I always play it straight here on the forum (just ask around), and I'll tell you this much:  If you want to shoot IPSC revo, get a 625 or 25-2 or you'll wish you had later.

Mike

Mike, ole buddy, ole pal. At least we did not reccomend to Tim to use Semi wad cutters and HKS speed loaders....hmmm??? Maybe not a bad idea Tim??... :ph34r::ph34r: jes kidden.

Just so you know what's going on here.....Bubber, Hopalong, Luke, and Chuck are trying to talk you into getting a slow ol' K-frame so they can try to whip up on you with their moonclip guns.
Well, three out of four ain't bad. I own one moonclip gun, and it's a WW I production 1917 with the barrel cut back to 3-1/2". I have numerous N frames in three other calibers, though. ;)

I'm mainly an IDPA revolver shooter, and tend to carry and shoot four inch K frames...and reload with HKS speedloaders, albeit with RNLs for competition. I'm also a member of USPSA, but shoot bottomfeeders (L-10 and Production) there.