Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lead ??

TANFARM

Hope this is the right place for this .....anyone have concerns about elevated lead levels when exposed to shooting ?

Do the no lead wipes and soap help avoid any potential over exposure?

Thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Yea...I’m Old an starting to worry about crap I should have thought about 30 years ago!!

I shoot Blue Bullets, and I believe that my exposure during reloading is reduced. 

I wash with soap and water afterwards and have no real concern.

I shot cast lead for a while and did not feel comfortable  with the exposure level at all.

With the Big stuff I shoot Monolithic brass and copper and am not concerned.

No more plain lead and I will not cast.

The polymer coating reduces my concern and keeps the barrel clean.

I think the two worse things for lead are indoor ranges and tumbling brass. I try not to over do the indoor ranges and minimize brass handling as much as possible. I also tumble in the garage.

Wash your hands often with soap and you should be fine.

I use lead wipes when I'm at the range and then I will wash again when I get back home. USE COLD WATER WHEN WASHING.

When reloading, stay away from food and water. You can wear gloves to minimize. Always wash afterwards with D-lead. I've been meaning to go get my lead levels tested, but I keep procrastinating on it.

Lead does not leach through your skin. You either inhale it ie indoor ranges or tumbler dust or your ingesting off your hands. So don't breath tumbler dust,shoot a bunch indoors or stick lead contaminated fingers in orifices and your should be fine. honestly if it was that easy to get harmful doses you would have a lot of competitive shooters showing lead poisoning issues.