Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will a G19 slide work on a G23?

Ken6PPC

Well, it doesn't matter because I am not shooting USPSA with this pistol anyway...  Thought I might, someday...  

I was more interested in finding out if it would work, before I invested money in the aftermarket slide.  

Edited by Ken6PPC

38 minutes ago, Kixx said:

According to USPSA, all past rulings have been rolled into the 2019 rule book.  All I see that addresses this is Appendix D7 21.3:  "You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun."  That model of gun is a Glock 23.  Throwing a Glock 19 slide/barrel on it does not magically turn it into a Glock 19.  

Again, this rule is dumb and needs changed.  I understand it stemmed from the conversion barrel issue and shouldn't matter anymore.  However, the rules pretty clearly state you cannot change the caliber of your gun.  If you can find something in the rule book that says otherwise, please provide it.  If someone wants to play the "its not against the rules if nobody finds out" game, that's their deal.  I'm not about that.

Emailing DNROI may very well get it changed.  They've "adjusted" bigger things before..

If they are concerned about conversion barrels acting like a bull barrel, why don’t they just say so in the rules?

The frame still has a serial number that belongs to a Glock 23. I realize the 9/40 frames are identical. It’s still a Glock 23 frame if it was built as a Glock 23 from the factory. 

No, “they” would never know without an absurd amount of work. That’s not really the point.  You keep bringing that up like it somehow makes the rule not apply since nobody would know you’re breaking it.

23 minutes ago, Kixx said:

The frame still has a serial number that belongs to a Glock 23. I realize the 9/40 frames are identical. It’s still a Glock 23 frame if it was built as a Glock 23 from the factory. 

No, “they” would never know without an absurd amount of work. That’s not really the point.  You keep bringing that up like it somehow makes the rule not apply since nobody would know you’re breaking it.

My point is the frame is from a legal gun and the slide and barrel is legal, so it’s irrelevant if it started as a 40. Who’s to say that someone picked up a used gun down the road and the frame serial doesn’t match the slide or upper. As long as the current configuration satisfies the current rules, no harm no foul. There are plenty of CZ out there that didn’t start out with same slide and frame from factory so why should it be any different for a Glock or any other manufacturer. 

43 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

My point is the frame is from a legal gun and the slide and barrel is legal, so it’s irrelevant if it started as a 40. Who’s to say that someone picked up a used gun down the road and the frame serial doesn’t match the slide or upper. As long as the current configuration satisfies the current rules, no harm no foul. There are plenty of CZ out there that didn’t start out with same slide and frame from factory so why should it be any different for a Glock or any other manufacturer. 

Because D7 21.3

not saying I disagree, but the RULES do. 

“Smokey, This isn’t Nam !! There are rules!!”

Edited by HCH