Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire on SA

Yanont

I've run a zip tie through the hole in the hammer and tied it under the beaver tail. I only did it a couple times, now I just shoot double action and don't let the slack out of the trigger all the way for single action

I put a dummy round in the chamber and fill the mag with the same type rounds (to increase the weight). Doing that gives the firing pin something to contact on the first trigger pull.

My $.07 worth.

/r,

Jeff

On 8/19/2018 at 10:12 PM, johnbu said:

I just hit the DA first then cycle the "dead" trigger.  If it goes DA again, I know I was slapping it too far.

Same same.

Stupid human tricks to short cut the trigger reset makes me insane.  But what do I know, I'm only lowly slub.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 9:39 AM, DKnoch said:

I've run a zip tie through the hole in the hammer and tied it under the beaver tail. I only did it a couple times, now I just shoot double action and don't let the slack out of the trigger all the way for single action

Same.

On 8/19/2018 at 7:39 AM, DKnoch said:

Funny I just wrap electrical tape around the hammer and beave.....Can't feel the tape when I ram the beave into the webbing between my thumb and booger hook. It's easy to remove, cheap, and doesn't leave any smutch on the beave. 

Funny I just wrap electrical tape around the hammer and beave.....Can't feel the tape when I ram the beave into the webbing between my thumb and booger hook. It's easy to remove, cheap, and doesn't leave any smutch on the beave. 

Never even thought of that. Zip tie isn't bad as long you keep the tied part facing upwards. I don't do this much anyway, I just keep trigger depressed for SA usually