Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Egw comp on Tanfo

kujo929

Has anyone tried something like an EGW comp on a tanfoglio? Even with popple holes my 3 port Tanfo comp isn’t nearly as effective as my other gun with a custom comp.

ce452a6c0ebfa26582f7066c2e809d71.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t sound like kneeling atlas’s is an option for my limited conversion at this time. Back to original question but not cone version. Anyone used an EGW comp threaded onto a heavy Tanfo limited barrel?

The unica comp is for a straight barrel. I put one together and pinned it to a cone I cut off a v12 tanfo coned comp. I milled out the comp to have larger sections for gas to catch and it works okay. A better designed comp would be more effective,,,

[mention=5468]kujo929[/mention] Will Cayon Creek comp work with cone barrel? do they sell the comp. or only sell if they install?
Is knellingatlas selling the comp. he is designing? will it work on Ltd. frame & slide? 

Thanks for your help

Last I spoke with canyon creek was months back. But his comp was made to order and I believe he needed to instal one barrel and possibly modify slide. (Not sure on slide). I’ll have to drop into my extra slide to confirm.

I’ll let kneeling atlas speak to his. My understanding from conversion is that his current comp is for gold team guns only and is made for the extra barrel that those guns come with. I only use limited conversion guns so that doesn’t work with my setups. He has plans for the limited conversion guns later.

@kujo929 Maybe you or someone else can give me some insight. I would like to build a Tanfo for USPSA open class. Would like to use 9mm aa opposed to 38su and if possible convert either my 40. cal LTD ( which I have a 9mm barrel for) or my 9mm Stock II, or combination of both. If possible would like to be able to switch back to original configuration. 

I may be looking for the impossible, but am open to suggestions. 

I am staying away from Gold Team V-12 because of what I've read about making Major power factor with that configuration. 

Edited by SDTMatch40
forget some content

The Limited is a good host for an Open gun as it's already drilled/tapped for a frame mounted optic.  I have a Tanfoglio comp which will be ready to go soon and can be used to drop a comp'ed barrel into your Limited and switch back and forth.

The Limited is a good host for an Open gun as it's already drilled/tapped for a frame mounted optic.  I have a Tanfoglio comp which will be ready to go soon and can be used to drop a comp'ed barrel into your Limited and switch back and forth.

Soon as in this shooting season or into next?

Also is that using a thin 6” barrel cut or a limited heavy cone barrel?

We don't have seasons here in CA ?

I'm making a few functional and styling tweeks before going to production, they should be ready to go by the end of September.

They're designed to be a direct replacement for the Gold Team comp, so they'll go on the un-ported barrel without modification.  To use with a Limited slide you'll need to cut the skinny 6" barrel to fit (I'm planning to help get a gunsmith or two set up to do this work).

We don't have seasons here in CA ?

I'm making a few functional and styling tweeks before going to production, they should be ready to go by the end of September.

They're designed to be a direct replacement for the Gold Team comp, so they'll go on the un-ported barrel without modification.  To use with a Limited slide you'll need to cut the skinny 6" barrel to fit (I'm planning to help get a gunsmith or two set up to do this work).

Yes IL sucks. We definitely have a shooting season [emoji35]

3 hours ago, SDTMatch40 said:

@kneelingatlas Are you willing to do the work (for a fee of course) or do I need to find someone?

If you are willing to do the work, put me down for 1 of the comps. Let me know so I can get a barrel on the way!

I have done this work, but I don't have tools sophisticated enough to do a production run.  My plan is to find a willing EAA dealer who does gunsmith work, sell them batches of comps to them and point people to them.  Don't buy the barrel just yet if you don't plan to do the work yourself as the dealer can get the barrels much cheaper.