Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racer pouch with Glock mags... problem

LeviSS

My Racer pouches have about the right tightness for my Glock 34 mags when the wheel is totally backed off with no tension and the Glock (M) spacer.  The problem is, every now and then, the spacer and leaf spring get pulled out with the mag when reloading.  This is a big pita at matches.

If I put tension on the wheel, the spacers can't come out, but then it is way too tight to get a smooth reload.

The smallest spacer won't work even with the wheel cranked in all the way.

Anyone else had this problem?  How did you correct it?

I'm thinking about taking a belt sander to the M spacers to thin them out a bit so some tension can be applied with the wheel but still not be too tight.  I really wish I had a mill, so I could be more precise about it.

4 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Check if another spacer works better for you

Like I said, the smaller one won't work, even cranked in all the way.

4 minutes ago, racerba said:

no problems with mine...when you put the spacer back in, make sure they "snap" in place...

They are going in correctly.  Are you using any tension with the wheel?

14 minutes ago, LeviSS said:

They are going in correctly.  Are you using any tension with the wheel?

yes, there is enough tension that they don't fall out on their own but slides out with ease...

When you are pulling out the mag, are you pushing and pulling or just pulling?  maybe you are pushing down on the spacer thus pulling it out...

Edited by racerba

1 hour ago, racerba said:

yes, there is enough tension that they don't fall out on their own but slides out with ease...

When you are pulling out the mag, are you pushing and pulling or just pulling?  maybe you are pushing down on the spacer thus pulling it out...

It seems to happen more with mags that are further back on my belt (Production).  I think instead of coming straight up and out, the part of the mag I'm grabbing is coming forward as it's coming out, levering against the part that locks the spacer in at the bottom of the mag pouch, then it's coming up and out with the mag...if that makes sense.

That's why I think a thinner spacer would help, cause then I'd be able to apply some tension with the wheel, locking the spacer where it can't come out.  Right now, any tension with the wheel makes it difficult to get the mag out.  With no wheel tension, I can turn my belt upside down and shake it with full mags in and they won't come out.

try rotating the pouch forward so it's not tilting as much when you pull it out...

The tension button is not designed to tighten to hold the spacer...it's designed to tighten to hold the mag...

Edited by racerba

1 hour ago, racerba said:

try rotating the pouch forward so it's not tilting as much when you pull it out...

The tension button is not designed to tighten to hold the spacer...it's designed to tighten to hold the mag...

The tension wheel may not be designed to do that, but it does.  That's why you have to back the wheel out all the way to change spacers.

I can try to tilt it some, but with 5 mag pouches on my belt, space is at a premium and tilting pouches makes things harder to fit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Just now, cjmill87 said:

Looks great, looking forward to hearing some feedback on the durability after your testing.  Are you thinking about offering these for sale at any point?

Thanks. I've trained with them a few times - live and dry. No issues so far. Haven't pulled one out yet! I'm planning on putting them up for sale.

• 3 years later...