Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 front sight height

midvalleyshooter

To let Sig know they goofed up, I called them and asked to order the shorter front sight.  I thought that that they probably did not have one, however, I wanted to let the CSR I spoke with know that there really is a market for one because so many of us do not like how we must take the rear sight all the way to the top of its adjustment to have POA=POI. Alas, I was correct and he said there is no such sight. Thank you guys for sharing the Dawson front sight height that is needed.

On an unrelated note: why, on this entire forum only, does the forum turn words I type into hyperlinks?  It did it twice above. I'm a member of several forums and use the same iPad to view and make posts on all of them and only the BE forum does that. Just curious. 

4 hours ago, DCSigCZ said:

On an unrelated note: why, on this entire forum only, does the forum turn words I type into hyperlinks?  It did it twice above. I'm a member of several forums and use the same iPad to view and make posts on all of them and only the BE forum does that. Just curious. 

I've noticed the same thing for a while now.  I asked about it in the Report Bugs, Feedback section.

The forum has a "feature" that searches posts for possible interest in a product and if it finds one it will create a hot link to a web site (such as Brownell's) which may have that product or some such nonsense. I don't think it works very well at all. I find it irritating and after I visited several sights and realized it was a waste of time I now just try to ignore it.

Thank you both for the insight on the auto hyperlink, I understand. I agree it did not work well because it took me to some very odd websites. I did not mean to hijack this thread - it is a technically helpful one!

• 3 months later...