Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Has Best Prices On Kkm Barrels?

awleland

First you don't need an FFL to buy a barrel, even through Brownell's, but you knew that. Second last time I looked Brownell's was dropping a lot of the KKM barrels and only had close outs.

Try contacting KKM directly, they've always treated me great.

Slight drift; why does Borwnell's keep dropping all the cool IPSC gear / gun component suppliers?

Slight drift; why does Borwnell's keep dropping all the cool IPSC gear / gun component suppliers?

Brownells is strange, they can't seem to stick to how they want to run their warehouse. A couple of years ago, they were doing 'one big yearly order' from their suppliers, and incurring all the carrying costs. That policy didn't last about a year and they went back to their weekly or monthly orders from suppliers.

To answer your question, it seems they are concerntrating on ARs and other stuff. I guess they don't sell enough 'IPSC' stuff to justify ordering it. They seem to have even cut back on regular 1911 items that they carry too. Used to be about a dozen pages worth of 1911 stuff (not counting holsters and the like). Now it's like 2-3 pages. But it seems like the number of items with the word 'tactical' in the name/description has increased greatly.

:angry: I just went to Broenwll's.com and they wanted $206.70 for a normal non-comped KKM barrel. Maybe their out of whack prices are why they are not selling any IPSC stuff. I reckon I will just order mine directly from KKM.