Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOK grips

johnbu

Ordered up some orange/black grips.  Hot sweaty summer had made a steady hold a bit more challenging lately.

Picture of just the frame with grips for reference and gun in match mode.

They are slightly thinner than the Henning grips and slightly thicker than the Extreme grips. And they have more traction than either.

20180719_113409-918x1632.jpg

20180719_113137-918x1632.jpg

Welcome to the world of LOK Grips! These grips are awesome and feel good in the hand for me! I have a friend who got some leather strips from a arts and craft store to shim them up because they felt a little too thin, but now I hear LOK grips can do a slightly thicker version if you put it in the comments when checking out.

Are they the palm swell version or the Thin Boogies? Also any possible way you can measure how thin they are? Interested in Lok Grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are they doing as far as staying tight?

With them being non-compressible it is not a match made in heaven for the Tanfo 1 screw attachment design. 

Maybe not an issue or maybe washers or a rubber spacer or lok tite or something works? 

I really like their grips but it bugs me when there is any movement between grip and frame. 

9 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

How are they doing as far as staying tight?

With them being non-compressible it is not a match made in heaven for the Tanfo 1 screw attachment design. 

Maybe not an issue or maybe washers or a rubber spacer or lok tite or something works? 

I really like their grips but it bugs me when there is any movement between grip and frame. 

They come with o-rings for the screws.

After a 141mm mag... the grip-osity is obvious.  

20180720_114303.jpg

Those look nice!  They are certainly a more aggressive pattern! You obviously need to toughen up your hands more to handle all that grippiness..

I hear baseball players have been known to whiz on their hands to toughen them.  You should try that and tell us how it works....?

On 7/21/2018 at 8:47 PM, SISIG said:

can you show us how the o ring fits in the grip screw

Whats screws are you using? I ended up getting the EGD Extreme screws because the Henning screws did not feel long enough and kept walking out.

i didn’t need to use the o-rings.

9 hours ago, SouperMan said:

Whats screws are you using? I ended up getting the EGD Extreme screws because the Henning screws did not feel long enough and kept walking out.

i didn’t need to use the o-rings.

I used the screws that came with them.   The O-rings just were the size of the screw.

3 hours ago, Stuey said:

Which do you like better, Hennong or LOK? Those LOK look nice and grippy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the wider aspect of the henning grips but vastly prefer the traction of the LOK . Actually, if the Patriot Palm Swells had the LOK texture, that would be ideal

15 hours ago, johnbu said:

Actually, if the Patriot Palm Swells had the LOK texture, that would be ideal

From the PD website "However, the end user will have the ability to add stippling as well if they choose so since the polymer material allows for such modifications. " . Not sure how much of a pain it would be or how easy it would be to screw up though. 

6 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

From the PD website "However, the end user will have the ability to add stippling as well if they choose so since the polymer material allows for such modifications. " . Not sure how much of a pain it would be or how easy it would be to screw up though. 

I stipled mine.  They were good for a while, but my hands are a bit abrasive and they smoothed off.   They were working on an aluminum palm swell, but haven't heard about that in a while.

I thought my Tanfo's hennings were the best thing I've felt until I put LOK's on my Shadow 2.  By far the best grip.  If they ever do come out with Palm Swell Boogies it would be the best of bolth worlds for you.