Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dead Trigger?

gunshrink

I am shooting the optic version of the XDM that is sort of a “Franklin” gun - upper came with the milled slide, lower custom  is from work done for my backup production gun by Canyon Creek. All of last year not a problem - about 2,000 rounds through with no problems until now. Today is a 200 or so round match this only happened three times but that is maybe three times too many. I would pull the trigger, the gun would fire and the trigger would not reset (or something but it was dead). I rack the slide and back in business but time lost is time lost. One of the people on my squad approached me and asked if I was using factory ammo - which I am 147 Federal American Eagle - have used that for several years with no problem. He said that my shot almost sounded like a squib - distinctly different than my other shots. He correctly called the three times that this happened so not just someone’s imagination. So, any thoughts? This gun until now has been flawless so this happening is a concern. 

Anyone out there who knows a whole lot more than me have any thoughts or experiences. Sure would appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Yes - the last round went off and ejected, new round fed but not completely back into battery - i think. All I know is that the trigger felt like it does when I am field stripping and taking off the slide.

Edited by gunshrink

I had a buddy with this same issue.  His was caused by the trigger bar binding on the top of the magazine.  at one point he broke a trigger bar and swapped in a powder river.  It was when the issue started for him.                                   

On 6/18/2018 at 7:09 PM, Nathanb said:

I had a buddy with this same issue.  His was caused by the trigger bar binding on the top of the magazine.  at one point he broke a trigger bar and swapped in a powder river.  It was when the issue started for him.                                   

Powder River doesn't make a trigger bar, Springer does.

Edited by Jeff O