Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wider Rear Sight Notch - Race Cuts?

BR

Why not just break out the files and the bottle of Super Blue and be done already? 

I suffered for YEARS with lousy light bars because I thought the project was more than I wanted to tackle and that I might screw it up.  It's not.  It's an easy job with a little attention to detail on your part.  Get some small, toolmaker's files and go for it.  Seeing as how your existing sights don't appeal to you, you have very little to lose.  ;)

Eric - How do you make sure you open the rear notch evenly? Thanks.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Custom Glock 0.090" FS. I prefer a thin (.090 or smaller) front sight for plenty of light on the sides. All of the glock sights I have tried are REALLY wide. For the longest time I just cut the factory FS with a razor blade to the width of the white dot and filled it in. The only problem was the plastic deformed easily. Anyway, Matt Kartozian has this FS in .215" and .285" for Dawson/Bomar and Heinie's rears. Unleashed is running this FS that's been cut down to match his plain Novak rear for a nice low profile setup :)

See Link Here:

Custom Glock .090" FS

Just got some e-mail from Scott.  Front sights won't be available for 6-8 weeks.

Was that just for fronts or did he say when the "sets" will be available again. I just ran into a guy in Brooksville, Fl match that needs several sets himself.

I got the rears direct from DS, but it may have been the stock he had on hand.. Did not ask about a full set when I talked with Scott, just fronts.

Delay right now is in mfg and getting the front serrations right.

Brownells sells a nice slide rail fitting file that is perfect for opening up the notch on rear sights. Some masking tape to protect the sights, a file, calipers, and some cold blue and you are ready to go. If possible I like to deepen the notch as well. Be sure to file the notch at a "V" to keep the picture sharp. You file with the narrower side toward you and the wider side toward the muzzle. I've done this to lots of guns and it usually only takes about 15 minutes.