Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electonic ear plugs budget any good

moonshoxx

I also picked up the walkers and they seem like a bargain at $150 on sale. 

I shoot open and wear MSA sordins over while shooting but they are great for all day wearing and normal gun fire

I have the walker silencers also

they’re  ok for pcc & production, I tried them once while shooting open and I won’t do that again

a couple of thing I don’t like about them is battery life is crap, plus it comes with 3 sizes of foam inserts for different size ear canals

and they only sell the replacements in a kit that has all 3sizes, so when you buy a set, you throw away 66% of the product

I second MSA Sordins. You wear behind the ear heating aids in both ears, shooting glasses and I can leave my Sordins on all day. Go here for a review I did on them. However, if your budget is low I would get a few boxes of the following. I used them for year in a very noisy environment and they work very well.....and no my hearing loss was not caused by a loud noise! I talked to my audiologist about electronic ear plugs and he said if you are not spending $600 to $1000 don't bother.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

But, the batteries are cheap. Like $10 for 48 at Costco. 

And all in ear electronics have the same battery life (or similar) issues due to them being zinc air batteries.  Once they tab is removed and they are turned "on" there is no turning them off, they just go until they are depleted.

They are super cheap and you can just shoot 3 less rounds an outing to cover it if needed.

I also just shot the walker's with open gun outside last week and when they are sealed good, they are totally fine.  If there is an issue with them being sealed well then you'll immediately know it.  It's no different than foamies.  For the money, being able to hear, and not get super hot in the summer they are a great plug for all day wear in my opinion.