Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson SSC vs.PM9

Really wanting to try a Dan Wesson and was all set to get a PM9 when I see that the SSC 9mm's are in stock.  Can't find very much information on the SSC's so, I thought I would ask here.

Other than a mag well and different grips, what does the SSC have over the PM9?

Assuming you mean CZC has their SSC 9mm in stock.  Looking at it, the main differences are ambi safeties, upgraded grips and magwell.  Maybe different front sight but still fiber.  Definitely unique from the PM-9 with the bigger "Dan Wesson" on the left side.  I was very tempted to get one in 40 when they were in stock...

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/dan-wesson-elite-pistols/dan-wesson-ssc-factory-9mm.html

it comes with a 'magwell', but it's a pretty useless magwell if you are serious about competing. I personally hate ambi-safeties too and would pay extra to NOT have one, but obviously if you are a lefty it would be a bonus.

I have an original SSC in 40 and it is a fantastic pistol. I also used to have a PM9. Very similar. Regardless, you will want to upgrade the magwell to something larger for USPSA. It sounds like the new SSC9 is an exclusive to CZC, so perhaps made in the DW custom shop?