Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Texas State Limited / Sept. 23-25

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 3 / Point Series Match

Lodging

Definitely looking forward to this match again this year.

The "Austin Mafia" stayed at the Plaza Motel last year and it was quite, uh, inexpensive.

This year we're looking for less drama so we're all staying at the Ridge Motel.

-Chet

The Ridge is the place....a beer barn close by, swimming pool, and pizza delivery. A good time was had by all...until the rain arrived and five hundred bales of hay spread over the mud at the range made it look like all the competitors were wearing fuzzy slippers. Ah...making memories! The Pat and Rags show was truly amazing. :lol: I'm looking forward to it already.

Don't know exactly how many of these I've attended (including the one the year I was pregnant and didn't know it - '97) It's always a great match with awesome stages and even better staff. I'm hoping for a smaller amount of rain this year.

What is the best route to take if driving from Houston? I see 290 to Waco then up to Fort Worth and across as one route. Another would be to take 45N to Dallas and then across. The 45 route looks a bit longer, but I'm not sure how the smaller roads are on the first route.

Any opinions from Houstonians who have made the drive in the past?

Level 3 / Point Series Match

Lodging

Definitely looking forward to this match again this year.

The "Austin Mafia" stayed at the Plaza Motel last year and it was quite, uh, inexpensive.

This year we're looking for less drama so we're all staying at the Ridge Motel.

Nathan talked me into going at the Single Stack match this weekend. What do you recommend? The full meal deal? Check in Thursday, check out on Sunday?

Steve J

Damon, from your login I take it you are from NM, this should be old stuff for you. It will be hot and probaly dusty, but it may be hot, wet and muddy. Its a good match and I wish I could make it this year. In the past it had been lots of plain old pistol shooting on good basic stages with a gimmic thrown in now and then. Have fun.------Larry

Damon, from your login I take it you are from NM, this should be old stuff for you. It will be hot and probaly dusty, but it may be hot, wet and muddy. Its a good match and I wish I could make it this year. In the past it had been lots of plain old pistol shooting on good basic stages with a gimmic thrown in now and then. Have fun.------Larry

Hey Larry! Yes from NM. Hot and dry most of the time. Lived a long time in your area ( Gulf Coast ) as a youngster. Really looking forward to this match. It will be the second big pistol match I have shot in. Thanks for the tips. Also looking to purchase a large qty of bullets to practice with. Have any feedback on bullet works

bullets?

Thanks

Damon, Jim and Artie put out a good cast bullet, hard and uniform with a pretty clean lube. I shot thier 200 swc a bunch when I shot .45, good as any and better than a bunch of them and if you are there cant beat the shipping. Brekenridge is a late 1800s cowtown that has had a oil boom or two, not a lot to do but there is a private club out on hwy 180 that serves booze, one of your party has to join, about 5 bucks and the rest are quest. If you get a chance walk around the court house a little bit, some local history there, other than that its just small town Tx. It is a good match though and I've just about sat here and talked myself into going. Have a good trip.------Larry

I'll be there. Sent my registration in and got my Ridge Motel reservations so long ago, I had to go re-check to make sure I had them right (Friday/Saturday nights). I'll be driving in early Friday morning from the big town of Briar, TX. ;)

When/where is check in? Do they do that Thursday night? At the Ridge?

Maybe I should see if I can get an extra night on Thursday still and drive up after work on Thursday.

Are the BE'ers gonna get together anywhere?

Check in/ Registration has always been at the range on Thurs evening. In years past, they've had a keg or 2 + muchies (chips, dips, veggies, etc.). If you miss Thurs evening, you can check in/ register on Fri morning.