Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 upgrades myself or buy CZC gun?

Tattoo

1 minute ago, IHAVEGAS said:

CZ's oppose the trigger, Tanfos assist the trigger. You can get a fantastic trigger with a FPB CZ, we are splitting hairs. 

10-4.  You learn something new every day.

Thanks again.  So if I change springs I need a mainspring(11.5#) , trigger return spring, and a reduced FP spring?  Am I missing anything?

i think I would get the longer FP too?  And I really do not like the curve on the trigger.... does the 85c trigger just “drop in”??

Thanks for all the advise!

T

I just picked up a new SP-01 today, and ordered the CGW 75115 kit along with the barrel bushing.  I did my S2 with CZC parts when I got that. 

I've already got the SP-01 torn down and pretty well polished up.  Now just waiting on the CGW kit to put it all back together.  I'll be using the SP-01 while I send the S2 back to CZC to have it milled for Carry Optics, then I'll likely sell the SP-01.  I like to think I'll sell it anyway...but probably not.

3 hours ago, Tattoo said:

Thanks again.  So if I change springs I need a mainspring(11.5#) , trigger return spring, and a reduced FP spring?  Am I missing anything?

i think I would get the longer FP too?  And I really do not like the curve on the trigger.... does the 85c trigger just “drop in”??

Thanks for all the advise!

T

Get the extended firing pin and the old style 85C trigger from CGW. The old style 85c has least amount of curve for DA triggers. I have one and I like it better than the stock shadow 2 trigger.

5 hours ago, George16 said:

Get the extended firing pin and the old style 85C trigger from CGW. The old style 85c has least amount of curve for DA triggers. I have one and I like it better than the stock shadow 2 trigger.

Thanks.  Is the trigger easy to install?

T

8 hours ago, clw42 said:

I just picked up a new SP-01 today, and ordered the CGW 75115 kit along with the barrel bushing.  I did my S2 with CZC parts when I got that. 

I've already got the SP-01 torn down and pretty well polished up.  Now just waiting on the CGW kit to put it all back together.  I'll be using the SP-01 while I send the S2 back to CZC to have it milled for Carry Optics, then I'll likely sell the SP-01.  I like to think I'll sell it anyway...but probably not.

Is CZ making a new Carry Optics Gun?  Or are guys just milling out S2’s?

T

It depends. If you had taken apart your gun before, then it’ll be easier compared to haven’t done it before. There are YouTube videos showing the procedure in replacing the trigger. 

I had had done it multiple times so it’s easy for me now. Just take it slow and keep track of the different parts as you take it apart.

6 hours ago, Tattoo said:

Is CZ making a new Carry Optics Gun?  Or are guys just milling out S2’s?

T

They are coming out with a CO S2, folks seem to think it will hit our shores sometime in 2019.  Based on the typical CZ production rates, the US will probably get a total of 5 of them by 2020.

So far, I believe CZ Customs is the only place milling the S2 to meet CO weight.  From what I've read they mill it so deep that the plate system is actually what covers the Firing Pin channel.  If you remove your dot and the plate then the firing pin channel is exposed.

6 hours ago, Tattoo said:

Nope total CZ noob.  But thanks

T

It's really not that hard, especially if you're not taking the sear assembly apart.  As others have said Read the tutorial on this website and watch a couple of videos. 

Edited by clw42

So how well can you tune up a 75B compared to the SP01? Was thinking of getting one to work on for fun. 

BTW, how hard is the Compact to Cajunize or equivalent?  Thanks. 

On 5/12/2018 at 1:06 PM, lfine said:

So how well can you tune up a 75B compared to the SP01? Was thinking of getting one to work on for fun. 

BTW, how hard is the Compact to Cajunize or equivalent?  Thanks. 

75B versus sp01, only difference, in same configuration, is firing pin block. You can tune the 75B very close to the SP01, you can also remove the fpb but I do not think it is the best option & it can get you south of competition rules. 

Compact is a 75 B for all intents regarding trigger tuning. Again depending on version , no decocker vs no decocker. 

15 hours ago, jeffm_norcal said:

If you go to replace the trigger the CGW trigger pin is a must.

I am weird. After fiddling with the guns as much as I have the floating trigger pin is no big deal to me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  So I finally found a good deal and decided  to make an SP-01 safety model my first CZ!  I got a good deal on it for $500 and really wanted/needed a project.  I feel better about experimenting on a $500 gun as opposed to a $1299 gun.  

I am am trying to ease my way into modifications and this is what I order from CGW....

-SRS 2 kit.  

11lb recoil spring

SS Guide rod

reduced power trigger return spring

Coming  from shooting Glocks a lot I felt I wanted to try and reduce the reset.  No idea how that cam works...lol

Can I use the polymer guide rod that comes with it with the 11lb spring?    I wasn’t sure so I ordered the SS one....

Can I replace the trigger return spring and reuse the factory roll pin??   Or should I have ordered a replacement?

i really appreciate all the advise.  Thanks for pushing me out of my Glock and 2011 comfort zone toward a new gun

T

10 minutes ago, 38superfan said:

The CGW floating trigger pin is a very good piece. Make sure to do atlas polish job. With the lighter springs you'll be much happier than stock.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks.... I was kind of afraid of that.   I thought that was if you were replacing the trigger.  So the factory roll pin is not reusable?

Do I need that $7 heavy punch they sell too?   

T

You can get good punch from hardware store. It's a mayhew nail set punch. The stock is reusable I think. I just always order the floating pin when I order new parts. Eventually you'll want the race hammer. Not requirement, but is very nice. Get the narrow one.

1 hour ago, 38superfan said:

You can get good punch from hardware store. It's a mayhew nail set punch. The stock is reusable I think. I just always order the floating pin when I order new parts. Eventually you'll want the race hammer. Not requirement, but is very nice. Get the narrow one.

Thanks again.  I will probably just hold off and get a new trigger pin.  

T

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a new CZ SPO1 tacticle. It might have one of the worst DA and SA triggers I have felt. I bought it knowing it would need major trigger work so no surprise. Do I have to send it to CZ CUSTOM or CGW? I don’t want to work on it myself.

3 hours ago, Ghorsley said:

I just bought a new CZ SPO1 tacticle. It might have one of the worst DA and SA triggers I have felt. I bought it knowing it would need major trigger work so no surprise. Do I have to send it to CZ CUSTOM or CGW? I don’t want to work on it myself.

Youll be fine with either one of them. It’s a personal choice.