vv320 at 4.4 grains
OAL of 1.130
136 power factor.

Jacketed bullet
125 Hornady action pistol. 356 diameter
4.3 grains Titegroup
OAL of 1.210
139 power factor

Both loads same point of impact and very accurate out of my 38 super revolver.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm shooting .38 Long Colt cut down to 0.900", so I guess it's just about identical to .38 Super.  I call it .38 Super Colt, but it seems folks where already doing this and calling it ".38 Mid Cold" long before I embraced wheel guns.  

With a 158gr Berrys FP (...yes, I know, I should be using round noses, however I've got some sort of hangup on it...) loaded to 1.250", I get the following out of a 5" TRR8:

5.0gr CFE @ 825fps (130+ PF)

5.5gr CFE @ 925fps (145+ PF)

6.0gr CFE @ 1025fps (160+ PF)

Easy extraction on all.  A little dirty at 5.0gr.  Primers just flattening up well at 6.0gr.  I don't notice a difference between them for recoil management.  The 5.0gr loads have some issue with poppers at local Level 1 matches.  

I use a Redding two ring  .38/.357 sizing die, followed by a MBF "M-type" expander in the measure, a Hornady .38/.357 sliding sleeve style seater, and a Redding Profile Crimp .38/.357 die I cut about 1/4" off of the bottom.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have a little hotter 160 grain 38 super load?  There's a particular steel spinner that stole my lunch at a match and I need to crush it next time.  I have 160 gr .357 bayou's, and on hand I have clays, 231, and titegroup.  Thanks. 

One-gun, did you go to the Mesquite match, too?  I've been working on some UberMajor loads (212 PF) in 40S&W just for that spinner.  :^)

You're going to need some heavier bullets and some VV N105 to make a good jump with the Super.  

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, pyrrhic3gun said:

One-gun, did you go to the Mesquite match, too?  I've been working on some UberMajor loads (212 PF) in 40S&W just for that spinner.  :^)

You're going to need some heavier bullets and some VV N105 to make a good jump with the Super.  

Yep, I was doing pretty well on that stage too until, as a buddy said, I "went to battle with that spinner."  That 45 second deduction was too hard to pass up.  But then once you pass the point of no return and are chucking good lead after bad, you are just trying to cut your losses.  Unless you don't...  It was ugly.

I think I'm going to try 4.2 grains of WInchester 231, 160 grain .357 bayou at 1.25 oal.  Supposed to be power factor of @ 152.  But more importantly, the plan is to not miss.

And I'll check out Shooting Times.  Thank you.