Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 is Doubling

I'm new to the 2011.  Bought a used Brazos Pro in January.  Trigger is pretty light, I'd say under 2.5 lbs with very little over travel.

A few weeks ago it started doubling.  Or I started doubling it.  Today it would double then only go to quarter cock. 

I could very well be bump firing it since it's sporadic and seems to happen when I try to run the trigger fast but the quarter cock thing is new.

Is it user error or gun related?  Should I try adjusting the over travel screw out a little?

It is most likely mechanical and it sounds like you need to take it

to someone that is experienced with this. Not intending to be rude but it sounds like you are not sure what to do and this situation can be dangerous.

it could be the overtravel screw but have you checked to see if the overtravel needs adjusted?

1 hour ago, L3324temp said:

If there is not some unusual wear on the sear or hammer you probably just need to the increase the tension on the middle Leaf finger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. On all my pistols the middle finger pushes on the disconnect or and trigger. I think I would want to increase the spring tension on the sear first. If that is the problem. 

Edited by Don_B

58 minutes ago, Don_B said:

Hmmm. On all my pistols the middle finger pushes on the disconnect or and trigger. I think I would want to increase the spring tension on the seat first. If that is the problem. 

I agree

The middle is only the initial pressure you feel during take up. You need to increase the left foot to put more tension on the sear pad to stop doubling. If it's a simple spring issue

1 hour ago, superluckycat said:

Thanks for the replies.  Got a new sear spring on order and will start there.

honestly dude....you will still need to tune a new spring.....most of the time you can tweak your current one. watch this entire video. its all you will ever need to know. goes for doubling too.

2 hours ago, L3324temp said:

Thanks for the correction. I will update my post so there is no misinformation here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no sweat.

Edited by tcazes

3 hours ago, superluckycat said:

I'm aware few parts are "drop in" for a 1911.  I'd rather start with a new spring (they're cheap) to eliminate a variable.

I don't mind doing some tuning.

I have never seen one just wear out. I've seen broken but I don't think I'd replace one just because it's out of adjustment. But up to you! The video will help with your new one lol

1 hour ago, tcazes said:

I have never seen one just wear out. I've seen broken but I don't think I'd replace one just because it's out of adjustment. But up to you! The video will help with your new one lol

Yep!

A little more tension on the left leaf of the sear spring fixed it.  Get a nice "click" now at 1/4 and full cock.  Looks like I had hammer follow going on too.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by superluckycat

No problem buddy. I have fought that battle a time or two lol. The quest for an ultra light trigger likes to dance with left sear spring tension issues sometimes lol

I will definitely give credit to Adams video though for sure. 

Edited by tcazes

26 minutes ago, tcazes said:

No problem buddy. I have fought that battle a time or two lol. The quest for an ultra light trigger likes to dance with left sear spring tension issues sometimes lol

I will definitely give credit to Adams video though for sure. 

Definitely.  His videos taught me how to tune mags too.  Good stuff.