Draw Test Resurrected.

dirtypool40

• 2 weeks later...

Did this today.

Total: exactly 10 seconds. :surprise:

49 points

HF: 4.9

Limited, Blade Tech DOH

I tried pushing hard on a few draws before recording these and ended up throwing a bunch of mikes. I guess 10 yards is just too far to point shoot in a rush. :angry2: . I slowed down enough to see the sights, and this is what I ended up with. It was a really good lesson in where the limit is in pushing for speed beyond control.

Did this today.

Total: exactly 10 seconds. :surprise:

49 points

HF: 4.9

Limited, Blade Tech DOH

I tried pushing hard on a few draws before recording these and ended up throwing a bunch of mikes. I guess 10 yards is just too far to point shoot in a rush. :angry2: . I slowed down enough to see the sights, and this is what I ended up with. It was a really good lesson in where the limit is in pushing for speed beyond control.

Sandbagger - :cheers:

I used box flaps I cut off at work, they are just a little narrower than an "A" zone by about 1/2"... the good thing is I can get an endless supply. Open C, AVG DRAW 1.36, ALL "A's", HF 3.6576, FASTEST 1.25, SLOWEST 1.42  Safariland 012 holster

Edited by fourtrax

I just had another thread going about breaking the 1 sec mark with an A which I just recently acomplished.

I happend to do this drill the other day with a hit

factor of 4.52 LIMITED Edge from DOH. Low 0.94 high 1.19 8 A's 2 C's

This was my inspiration to break the 1 sec. mark !!

now i can quit shooting i have inspired somebody

but to my defense the .68 was an accident i was aiming at the berm and the target got in the way

as for the drill i have done low 8 sec without dropping points

this was the point of that particular drill not dropping points

we were just trying to find out how fast we could go which totally contradicted the point of the drill

I just had another thread going about breaking the 1 sec mark with an A which I just recently acomplished.

I happend to do this drill the other day with a hit

factor of 4.52 LIMITED Edge from DOH. Low 0.94 high 1.19 8 A's 2 C's

This was my inspiration to break the 1 sec. mark !!

now i can quit shooting i have inspired somebody

but to my defense the .68 was an accident i was aiming at the berm and the target got in the way

as for the drill i have done low 8 sec without dropping points

this was the point of that particular drill not dropping points

we were just trying to find out how fast we could go which totally contradicted the point of the drill

Dude, whatever, those were some nasty draws and then theres the reload.. :huh:

Accident or not, you've got some faaast elbows !! :lol::lol:

Awsome shooting, please continue to keep me inspired so I can catch up !!!

Did this today, Open B class, CR Speed holster.

49 points (9 As/1 C) in 11.86 total time. Lowest draw 1.06, highest 1.53, average 1.18 for a HF of 4.1315.

Tried to redeem myself, shot it again today.

47 points in 10.71 seconds. Lowest draw 0.98, highest 1.22, average 1.07 for a HF of 4.3884.

If I don't get my support hand on the grip right I am ~0.10 slower. Gotta get that support hand on the gun early and high on the draw.

D Class Limited

Bladetech DOH/CR Speed/M&P .40

1st Run {cold}

38points

11.25 secs total

HF:3.37

Fastest draw:.98 - Got a mike for my trouble

2nd Run:

39 pts.

10.98 Secs

HF 3.55

Fastest draw/hit:.91

3rd Run:

36pts

11.2 Secs

HF 3.20

Fastest draw/hit:.72

4thRun

45points

10.07 Sec

HF 4.50

Fastest draw/hit:.78

5th Run:

47 pts

11.9 secs

HF 3.94

Fastest draw/hit:.92

6th (final) Run:

49 pts {One shot slunk off into the B zone}

12.1 Secs

HF 4.04

On the first 5 runs, a LOT of shots all down the right side of target...the left half was near untouched. Poor index?

On the last run, I went a hair slower and tried for all A's, including 3 in the top A zone as I got more comfortable.

Went back to the car to reload and realized I had left 300 rounds of practice ammo on the kitchen counter at home. :angry2: I'll definitely use these as a baseline for improvement as I try to get out of D.

You're D class and hitting draws in the .7s at 10 yards?!?!?!?

Yep...my draw has always been pretty quick. It is what I practice the most at home...draw and dryfire on a 3x5 card at 7 yards in the living room.

In the class that I took with Dirtypool40 a few months back, I was always the first out of the holster and on target, just not the most accurate. At 10 yards, it is at the very limit of what I can hit by index alone. I didn't go for the upper A until the last string, and it took just over a second to line it up and send it home.

I do seem to do my best shooting after a layoff from matches for a bit.

I also tend to crumple under the pressure at classifiers. Self inflicted, I know, but I'll see how well I can handle tomorrow morning, when I shoot my first one in 3 months.

Edited due to fatfinger error

Edited by ChrisStock