Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide lock reloads

Ok. Here is what I am working with. I have 3 tanfoglio stock 2s. I use two for production and the other one I have set up for carry optics. 

The two I use for production, I can reload from slide lock and the slide will come forward as soon as I put the mag in. With the one I have for carry optics, I pretty much have to slam the next mag in as hard as I can for the slide to come forward and that only works half the time.

I have looked at the other two guns to compair them to the carry optics gun and I cannot see what is causing it. The only thing I really notice is that the slide release is much easier to press down on the other two guns.

I really need help figuring this out. Please help!

Edited by ngodwetrust21

I have tried what MemphisMechanic is talking.

With my gun (Stock 3 - small frame) if I file(round) slide stop, when inserting mag with force, mag jams in front of the slide (part of the slide, where the bullet goes, sits on the rear part of the mag). Overlap is 2 mm or even more, also light grinding did not solve the problem (it overlaps too much). If I round slide stop even more (so that frame falls with very gentle insertions) I found that slide stop does not hold slide with enough force and can drop a slide even without mag insertion.

I use stock mecgar mags without additional baseplates. If magazines would have wider baseplate so that base of pistol would stop magazine from overinsertion, that might work on my gun.

Edited by aales1

My Stock 2's are not 100% consistent, I don't care.

For USPSA slide lock reloads are like 1 every 5 matches or something, I think maybe it has been needed once this year, & it doesn't matter how soon the slide closes it only matters how soon you are ready to shoot. 

May fiddle with it next winter if boredom sets in, but if you are shooting CO it should never show up on your match score. 

10 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Boom. ;)

Here’s the “how to tune:”

Is your C/O gun fitted with a different recoil spring than the others? 

Thank you Memphis! I will give this a shot tonight and see what happens.

When I was running a stock 2 it would drop the slide when a mag was inserted at slide lock about 90% of the time.  I started practicing hitting the button after at a section match I inserted the mag and the slide stayed back and I stared at for what seemed like 5 seconds not knowing what to do because it had always "auto forwarded".