Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolff magazine springs

V2plus25

For those of you who didn't know (as I did not), Wolff magazine springs are designed for old style magazines, not the Mecgars.  I ordered 10 +10% ones and they in no way fit the follower or base plate.  So don't make the same $50 mistake I did!  Grams or Mecgar replacement ones from places like BSPS should work, but the Wolff ones definitely do not.  I must have missed that memo somewhere...

Mecgar on the left, Wolff on the right.

Mag Springs Bottom 2.JPG

Mag Springs Top 1.JPG

Edited by V2plus25

Actually doesn't work for the small frame CZ mags I run either, I always end up bending that hook out so it sorta fits on the mecgar floorplate. For production purposes, I've never run into an issue with the springs binding, if anything, I usually see issues trying to get the 17th round into the mag for practice.

1 hour ago, haiedras said:

Actually doesn't work for the small frame CZ mags I run either, I always end up bending that hook out so it sorta fits on the mecgar floorplate. For production purposes, I've never run into an issue with the springs binding, if anything, I usually see issues trying to get the 17th round into the mag for practice.

Hah well that makes me feel better that I ended up getting rid of them.  I had the thought of keeping them in case I get one of the new small frame Lim Pros... I mean WHEN I get one of the new ones :)

Amazing coincidence, since I was replacing mine yesterday morning.  I bent the extra curve out with pliers.  It was a little bit of a pain in the butt, but I think it should work OK.