Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Proceedurals Needed?

dirtypool40

Am I suppsed to get penalized for not shooting in the direction of targets that already disappeared?

At last weekends BOLNATS they set up one where you ran over, shot a popper and had to haul ass (with both hands) to another port to try and catch a drop turner. I made the first one, but the second was goen by the time I got there. Proc for non engagement?

Then I had a malf on one where you shoot a popper and two targets fall from behind cover, into the open and then back behind cover. You have about .75 sec to get them, and I was busy cussing. They got me with two procs there.

Righteous or not?

To my understanding, if you fail to activate the activating target you can get dinged for the misses and penalties on the disappearing targets, but not if you activate the start target. Sounds to me like you got hosed. :(

Sounds to me like they were teaching the Gringo a lesson. Don't mess with our women ;)

But on a serious note, does not seem fair to me, especially as you were doing the appropiate cussing during the Malfunction :huh:

Am I suppsed to get penalized for not shooting in the direction of targets that already disappeared?

Only if the highest scoring area was visible on the target from somewhere withing the legal firing area after the target came to rest. If you couldn't see some part of the A-Zone from somewhere no the stage where you could have engaged it (even after it came to rest)....then no procedurals.

9.9.1 Moving targets which present at least a portion of the highest

scoring area when at rest, or which continuously appear and disappear,

will always incur failure to shoot at and/or miss penalties

(exception see Rule 9.2.4.5).

Sounds like you got screwed

Ok, so you're saying I should not have gotten off the plane and instead of hello said "Where all the hottie Latinas at?"

Like the sheriff from Blazing Saddles "Where all the white women at?"

They did that a couple of times, but I wouldn't feel like I won if they gave it to me, I really shot that bad. :( Woof. I think it was just inexperience on their part, wanting you to shoot the course the way they dreamed it up instead of the way to win.

One they had five poppers each activating (SLOOOOWLY) a different gravity turner, fastest way was probably just to hose the five poppers in three seconds. I tried it the way they wanted but when the gun coughed (my thumbs up on the slide) I didn't see two of them.

Same thing happened on a falling target (malf) and I couldn't move quick enough on two other disappearing targets to even safely throw shots at them (they had no shoots around them. Are these guys sadists or what?) :huh: .

Bottom line is it sounds like I probably took close to 100 points in "beat down" I might not have needed. Let's just say I lost by a LOT less than that and leave it be. <_<

Always hard to respond with an answer to something you did not actually witness, but from the description, it sounds like the targets appeared once, and then disappeared. Based on that, the appropriate rule seems to be....

9.9.2 Moving targets, which do not comply with the above criteria will not incur failure to shoot at or miss penalties except where Rule 9.9.3 applies (9.9.3 is the rule that defines that you must activate the mover).

Again, assuming I understand exactly what happened here, it does not appear that any Procedural penalties should have been applied. ;)

zhunter knows the right questions to ask.... ;)

Elaborate. :D

Yeah! At this time I know enough about my browser and should be ready to find "hidden" items in your pictures. :P

Oh, and to stay on topic:

Moving targets will be scored in accordance with the following:

9.9.1 Moving targets which present at least a portion of the highest scoring area when at rest (either before or after activation), or which continuously appear and disappear, will always incur failure to shoot at and/or miss penalties (exception see Rule 9.2.4.5).

9.9.2 Moving targets, which do not comply with the above criteria, will not incur failure to shoot at or miss penalties except where Rule 9.9.3 applies.

9.9.3 Moving targets will always incur failure to shoot at and miss penalties if a competitor fails to activate the mechanism, which initiates the target movement.

Maybe the designer was extremely tall that only he can see the exposed area? :P