Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited pro

Kurusty

Does anyone know if the Limited Pro has a firing pin block? I want to build a CO only gun and leave my stock 3 for production. I don't if all Tanfoglios have them, this is why I'm asking. Thank you for your help.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The firing pin block doesn’t make the trigger worse on a tanfoglio like it does in the CZ
My CZ without the FPB is a lot smoother than my Tanfo. I've never shot a CZ with a FPB though.

The firing pin block doesn’t make the trigger worse on a tanfoglio like it does in the CZ
Agree.....is amazing how the BOLO works with the Firing Pin Block in place

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My CZ without the FPB is a lot smoother than my Tanfo. I've never shot a CZ with a FPB though.

And what did you compare. A stock CZ vs a stock tanfo? Because yeah. A stock tanfo is pretty terrible.

Tanfoglios take a lot of work, but IMO and the opinion of most people here. Is the end result is a better trigger. Not to mention it’s actually possible to get a 2/5 lb trigger out of a tanfoglio.

Also the answer is yes, the gun has a firing pin block. To the best of my knowledge all DA/SA Tanfos do.

More relevant to you is that it limits how low your optic can be mounted... but @PatriotDefense has a method figured out to mill the slide AND the FPB down in order to get the sight buried down low.

Have you found a Limited Pro? They’re discontinued and pretty highly sought after in 9mm!

And what did you compare. A stock CZ vs a stock tanfo? Because yeah. A stock tanfo is pretty terrible.

Tanfoglios take a lot of work, but IMO and the opinion of most people here. Is the end result is a better trigger. Not to mention it’s actually possible to get a 2/5 lb trigger out of a tanfoglio.
Fair question, 2 different SP01 Target models and Shadow 2. I'm not complaining about my Stock 3, I've got mine down to 6.5lbs on DA, and 2-1/2 SA. If there is a production legal gun that doesn't have a FPB, I'd rather go with that.

7 hours ago, Kurusty said:

Fair question, 2 different SP01 Target models and Shadow 2. I'm not complaining about my Stock 3, I've got mine down to 6.5lbs on DA, and 2-1/2 SA. If there is a production legal gun that doesn't have a FPB, I'd rather go with that.

All the production legal guns have a firing pin block.

Don't be too hung up on trigger pounds.  Trigger smoothness is a lot more important.  Polish the guts of the gun up (especially the trigger bar lifter) , get a bolo, and adjust it for maximum hammer throw.  With a PD 15.5 hammer spring you will be at or below 6# DA and dead reliable.

A CZ shadow 2 can be 5#/2#. A buddy has one with a super nice trigger at those weights.  However... he also is limited to only Federal Match primers. I'd rather have a bit higher DA and be dead reliable with any primers.

8 hours ago, Kurusty said:

The bolo is the next item on my list, the trigger is good, but I know that I can still make it better.

Bolo should  be paired with the titan hammer for ease of installation.  Remember that the titan hammer REQUIRES the sear to be adjusted to clear the nub on the safety lever.

19 hours ago, ElMateo487 said:

Never heard anyone else say that you could get a better trigger or lighter weight out of a Tanfo, particularly double action. My experience is that Tanfo's are more fiddly to get right but the end result is good on both guns. If you want zero pre-travel (I do not) maybe you could make a case that it is easier to get there with a Tanfo. 

I think bored internet people talk too much about the perfect trigger. Even more than they waste weeks of time playing with the dremel instead of practicing.

I’m quite certain Production Nationals was won the past two years (Gutt, Stoeger) by someone with a 6.5-7.5 pound Tanfoglio trigger.

I know Stoegers is pretty heavy. He just pulls it dry/live for a few hours a day.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Bolo should  be paired with the titan hammer for ease of installation.  Remember that the titan hammer REQUIRES the sear to be adjusted to clear the nub on the safety lever.
Thank you, I appreciate the help.

I think bored internet people talk too much about the perfect trigger. Even more than they waste weeks of time playing with the dremel instead of practicing.

I’m quite certain Production Nationals was won the past two years (Gutt, Stoeger) by someone with a 6.5-7.5 pound Tanfoglio trigger.

I know Stoegers is pretty heavy. He just pulls it dry/live for a few hours a day.
Agree

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, ElMateo487 said:

I think even more bored people complain about bored people on the Internet :)

I had to learn that lesson twice over... so I’m preaching on it hard.

Were I to build another tanfo I’d skip the Bolo and Titan - for this reason.

Shorter and crisper? Yeah.

Worth the hours of working on the gun to make it run reliably (stroking the bolo, loading batch after batch to see what the gun would eat, polishing more)? Absolutely not.

Choosing the Tanfo or CZ based upon which one can achieve the most-super-perfect trigger is equally illogical. That’s not what makes your score well on match day.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Have you never considered some people like to do those things? Like to tinker? Nothing wrong with that.

Not all of us can go shoot all day long or all night or 24/7 like some of you here.

Next best thing for me is working on my guns, when I can’t shoot.

3 minutes ago, ElMateo487 said:

Have you never considered some people like to do those things? Like to tinker? Nothing wrong with that.

Not all of us can go shoot all day long or all night or 24/7 like some of you here.

Next best thing for me is working on my guns, when I can’t shoot.

I hammered the crap out of him, for a long time, about piddle-fudging with his gun.  Now Memphis has seen the light & wisdom of my pontificating.  And now has a Walther... Haha.

Yes there are those who like to tinker and those who like to dry-fire/practice.  I'm in the later camp and it's showing in my match results along with classifiers scores.  Neither way is better, everyone has a preference.

I hammered the crap out of him, for a long time, about piddle-fudging with his gun.  Now Memphis has seen the light & wisdom of my pontificating.  And now has a Walther... Haha.

Yes there are those who like to tinker and those who like to dry-fire/practice.  I'm in the later camp and it's showing in my match results along with classifiers scores.  Neither way is better, everyone has a preference.

You can’t dry fire practice for 4 hours a night for a month! Aka the time it takes to tune a bolo!

Lol

2 minutes ago, ElMateo487 said:

You can’t dry fire practice for 4 hours a night for a month! Aka the time it takes to tune a bolo!

Lol

You're right! I just dry fire ~1hr per day with a gun that works!

Ah, I kid! I'm sure it's a great part, I don't have one so I can't say for sure.

8 hours ago, ElMateo487 said:

Lol

You guys must have slept thru "gunsmith 101". I can fit a bolo, titan, ext FPB and sear in far less time than that.   But here in Wisconsin we have 13 months of winter a year and only 7 minutes of fairly warm "shooting weather".  So lots of time to practice.   LOL. 

FYI. My guns have either a PD 15.5 or FACTORY hammer springs.  This time of year, when you are shooting at 25-35F,  it takes more oomph to make it go bang.