Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Open/l10 Uspsa Nationals Pictures

DJPoLo

A lot of folks have noted that the weather at the match was hot, but until we saw this bank sign in Quincy on the way to the awards banquet, no one knew how hot it really was!

post-553-1122174433_thumb.jpg

-Chet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with the headless targets on the stage David is shooting?

I would have liked to see less of those targets... I'm just not used to shooting them. :lol:

I have video of Athena and I on all the stages except for Dark House (for obvious reasons ;) ). I'm not going to post anymore of hers without her permission... even though I'm sure everyone would get a kick out of her grabbing for the palm tree painted on the wall instead of the door handle... :lol: and I'm not sure you'd find the videos of myself all that interesting. :D

Watching Sevigny shoot that stage is something else. He's going to be hard to catch.

I looked at that and saw him do two things a little rough at the first array...

- the hop/shuffle/lean for the first shot

- and the extra shot at the static through the window

Then I thought...I wonder how he placed on this one. Sure enough, he was at the tip-top of the score sheet on it. :)

His reloads are...already done. His movement into position is fantastic. His "moving platform" is stable and smooth.

Impressive shooter.

It's probably my old slow machine, but I see sniper's videos in any kind of smooth play. It just goes from one still to another. The audio comes through fine on my machine.

DJ PoLo's vids come through fine for me. Anyone else have this same problem?

Blake on Stage 2...he is fast. He threw an extra shot on each of the first two arrays...then, it looked like he got a late start on his last reload. Still won (I'm not good enough to get away with those bobbles).

Chet, ask me to show you my "Farris Fall-out" method of avoiding foot-faults.

I looked at that and saw him do two things a little rough at the first array...

-  the hop/shuffle/lean for the first shot

-  and the extra shot at the static through the window

You forgot to critique his hesitation after shooting the swinger, his extra shot on the swinger in the back and his extra shot on one of the hard cover targets in the back... Dave is about as perfect as it gets and we still have to dissect his faults??? C'mon Kyle, just enjoy the daggum videos. ;) Where's the video of you dumping Anderson and Moneypenny?

Clay1, those are rather large files and I'm guessing that Chet's are smaller. His are also in a different format.

Here ya go, Kyle... although not great positioning for the camera-woman, this video is more fun to critique... :P

Mike Voigt - Stage 14 "Yes, That Taxi Again"

and thank goodness GMs make mistakes too, or first time National shooters, like myself, might get discouraged... man, I was scared of that second popper!

Sharyn Cohen - Stage 17 "Moving On Up"

:D

You forgot to critique his hesitation after shooting the swinger...

I applaud his shot calling and presence of mind on that...he saw he had both hits on the first pass and decided to not wait for the second pass (which was likely the plan).

Dave is about as perfect as it gets and we still have to dissect his faults??? 

A great way to learn. See the good and the bad that shooters (at all levels) do.

C'mon Kyle, just enjoy the daggum videos.  ;)

Ummm...I am enjoying the videos. Sorry if I don't enjoy them in a manner that you approve of. ;) Perhaps you can let me be me? :unsure:

Perhaps you can let me be me?  :unsure:

Aww,... hell no! You must've had a momentary lapse of reason while typing... considering I am female. :lol:

A great way to learn. See the good and the bad that shooters (at all levels) do.

FWIW, these videos were taken for that very purpose. The finalized DVD is being burned right now then it's off to my coach. After seeing this thread, I thought it would be cool to post a few of them. Glad you're enjoying them. :D

Do you plan on selling these DVDs ?

$0.25 for the one of Mike Voigt. :lol:

I really hadn't planned on selling any videos... I only took them for learning purposes. We were two squads behind Mike and Dave and I was scared of Stage 14. So, I thought I'd video them so I could analyze/study their stage plan while I waited for our squad's turn. (is that cheating??? :unsure: ) It was difficult to see what they were doing in the back of the stage so I ended up just asking Mike to tell me how to shoot it... (since Erik wasn't there... sorry!) :D

The videos are of Athena and I and I suppose I could make another copy... but I'd have to ask her permission first. BTW, it was very nice meeting you, Paul. You're a great guy! :D

OH! OOPS!!! Were you asking Chet or me? :blink: