Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sti warranty

LLRukus

does anyone have experience with STI warranty department?  I have a minor problem but hesitant sending the gun in because it's something I can fix myself but am concern about what I have heard about their long service times.

Buddy had a cracked slide replaced recently, took 2 months but that was a slide. If it's a minor issue would expect a faster turn around time, prolly best to contact them with your issue and ask.

I had my slide chip.  Sent it to them, took almost 3 months, but since they couldn't fit a new slide to my frame, they essentially gave me a new gun.

What impressed me, was that they bought ALL NEW Swenson safety, Manny Lighting dot front site and fit those to the new gun.  

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an STI HEXTAC used and the grip safety was disabled. The previous owner filed down the end so it would not engage the trigger bar. I contacted STI and asked if they would fix this for me since the gun is in “Texas tan”. They emailed me a return label, fixed my gun and sent it back to me for free. They also sent me a new box with all of the factory goodies too. I was not the original owner so I fully expected to pay for this fix as it was not a “defect.” I am an STI owner for life. The turnaround time was less than two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro