Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BA Hanson or Nordic barrel

CTJer

I have had both,

Both were 16" mid length gas.

Load was my go to 55gr. Nosler ballistic tip. 26 grs of H335 powder, Rem 7-1/2 primers, Lake City brass.

Nordic was close to moa out to 600 on a no wind day. Hanson profile was under moa out to 600.

Great barrels!

Not sure if I understand your question here. You can put an adjustable gas block on most any barrel... 

Only ones that you can't change the gas block out on are things like the Dracos barrel that have built in gas blocks. 

Different length barrels and barrels from different manufactures will have different gas system lengths, which is just the length of gas tube that they require. 

4 hours ago, CTJer said:

Does BA not make an adjustable gas block option?   

Hmm......that might make my decision easier.   

Both barrels had a .750 gas block seating area.

Many adj. gas blocks to choose from that will fit either barrel.

I used a Faxon light weight carrier and bolt. Almost as soft shooting as a rifle gas length barrel.

Really not a big difference.

13 hours ago, ecn515 said:

Not sure if I understand your question here. You can put an adjustable gas block on most any barrel... 

Only ones that you can't change the gas block out on are things like the Dracos barrel that have built in gas blocks. 

Different length barrels and barrels from different manufactures will have different gas system lengths, which is just the length of gas tube that they require. 

Maybe I worded that wrong.  

The Hansen barrels all have a pinned non adjustable gas block on them.  

Maybe I can just ask for one without?

14 minutes ago, CTJer said:

Maybe I worded that wrong.  

The Hansen barrels all have a pinned non adjustable gas block on them.  

Maybe I can just ask for one without?

Very easy to take the gas block off and install another one.

Mine had allen screws holding it on. The one I put on also was held with allen screws. Easy!

You will have to knock out the roll pin that holds the gas tube to the gas block and re-install the tube to your new adj. gas block. Easy!

Are you going the light bolt-carrier route?

If not, the Hanson comes with a smaller gas port and you may be satisfied with the non adj. block.

To really have your gun shoot as soft as possible you will have to go adj. gas along with the light b/c group.

Adj. gas using the stock heavy b/c will not do much.

3 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

Very easy to take the gas block off and install another one.

Mine had allen screws holding it on. The one I put on also was held with allen screws. Easy!

You will have to knock out the roll pin that holds the gas tube to the gas block and re-install the tube to your new adj. gas block. Easy!

Are you going the light bolt-carrier route?

If not, the Hanson comes with a smaller gas port and you may be satisfied with the non adj. block.

To really have your gun shoot as soft as possible you will have to go adj. gas along with the light b/c group.

Adj. gas using the stock heavy b/c will not do much.

Yeah, plan was to light BCG and Adjustable gas to shoot soft.  

I guess punching that pin and getting a new tube and adjustable block isn’t a huge deal if the price dictates it’s the best option.  

4 hours ago, CTJer said:

Yeah, plan was to light BCG and Adjustable gas to shoot soft.  

I guess punching that pin and getting a new tube and adjustable block isn’t a huge deal if the price dictates it’s the best option.  

Won't need a new tube.

You will be very happy with the Hanson!