Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster For Sti/sv Limited Gun

I am looking to getting a Kydex-type holster for my limited 40 S&W STI 5" pistol. Some brands are Blade-Tech and Uncle Mikes. I have a question: should I get the paddle style or the belt style? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Definitly the belt type and the most stiff belt you can get; if its a 2-piece belt then the CR speed wins hands down (I tried the rest). I just shot the Production & Revolver Nationals (with limited) and I used a race holster for my SV .40; the guy who shot the best/most fast on the draw used a Kydex dropped/off-set & an SV .40; race holsters are a gimmick.

D.C. Johnson

one more vote for the dropped offset. Back about three or four months ago, before the eye thing stopped practice I was averaging .95 for an "A" at 10y. Hands relaxed from the dropped offset.

When I took TJ's course earlier this year he said his testing showed less than .05 second difference for him between race and carry type holsters.

Bronco,

Don't feel lonely I use the Comp tac locking paddle as well. I like the fact that when I wear a regular gun belt I don't have to get half undressed to put the holster on or take it off.

Not to mention Greg is one of the best people I have ever done business with.

Take care, Craig