Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plate rack plates popping back up

Out of Ammo

9 hours ago, DKorn said:

I don’t think you should get a DQ for refusing to reshoot. Would you give a shooter a DQ if they decided to not shoot a stage at all, and just skipped it? I’d score it the same way- zero.

On the other hand, if you explain to them that they will get a score of zero if they don’t reshoot, and they argue that they should get a different score without having to reshoot, and become belligerent about it... see 10.6.1

Don't care what you "think". You don't get to think. Where is that in there rules?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Brooke said:

Don't care what you "think". You don't get to think. Where is that in there rules?

It’s not completely clear to me, but it’s sort of covered under 6.5.1. There’s also 9.7.6 about what to do if a reshoot isn’t possible. 

In any case, as the RO my reaction is going to be the same regardless of my opinion- defer to the CRO on the stage if possible, or call the RM and let them decide. I’m also going to try to reason with the shooter first and try get them to just do the reshoot. 

16 hours ago, Brooke said:

There is no issue whatsoever. 2.3.3.3 deals with refusal to reshoot a stage that has been modified after the match started. A refusal to reshoot earns a zero stage score. It has nothing to do with REF. 

4.6.2 deals with REF and states “...must be required to reshoot the course of fire...”.

10.6.1 is the penalty for “failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official...” 

The RO has no choice but to require a reshoot therefore his direction is reasonable. Refusing is a DQ and no committee is going to decide otherwise. If they did arb committees would be rewriting the rules. The rule and penalty are clear. 

It it does not matter that you think DQ is too severe. DQ is the rule. You don’t get to make your own because inequity would be the result. 

Brooke, I think you missed an important part of 2.3.3.3.

22 hours ago, JAFO said:

Mike, were you thinking of this...

2.3.3.3 A competitor who refuses to reshoot a course of fire, under this or any other section, when so ordered by a Range Official, will receive a zero score for that stage, irrespective of any previous attempt.

The above highlighted text does apply to a competitor refusing to reshoot a stage based on REF.

1 hour ago, DKorn said:

In any case, as the RO my reaction is going to be the same regardless of my opinion- defer to the CRO on the stage if possible, or call the RM and let them decide. I’m also going to try to reason with the shooter first and try get them to just do the reshoot. 

Or try and talk them out of it if it is a local & I'm tired & the weather is miserable :ph34r::ph34r: