Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Palm Swell or Medium/Large grips

newmexk5

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw that and was immediately bummed out [emoji30] Considering there are all of about 20 small frame Tanfos in the US i don't understand the logic...Wouldn't you want to cater to the customer base with the largest potential first? Especially considering people with small frame Tanfos can alter the CZ 75 palm swell grips to fit their guns.

I think there are more small frame guns in europe, than large frames in US. But sure, if you dont think outside your own borders I see how it wouldnt make sense. I am guessing Jay see the potential in foreign Tanfo customers, since the CZ crowd in Europe have gotten their eye on the grips for a while.

I dont know the numbers, but I know there is a market for small frame grips in Europe especially since Henning doesnt make his in small frame.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, tedahlenius85 said:

I think there are more small frame guns in europe, than large frames in US.

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, tedahlenius85 said:

I am guessing Jay see the potential in foreign Tanfo customers, since the CZ crowd in Europe have gotten their eye on the grips for a while.

Again, i have to agree here. As much as it pains me to accept the fact - bottom line is dude has a business to run and we (US Tanfo Shooters) are just a blip on the radar of the overall big picture. I should probably stfu and consider myself lucky he is still responding to my emails haha! ?

On 8/1/2018 at 10:26 AM, NoKimberDave said:

Gun not in front of me but off the top of my head: 1.18

Scale thickness is .17"

But it looks like they just sent thins. Two of us ordered these based on an Instagram post LOK made saying if we want thicker to just put "FAT" in description on order. So, I put "FAT, Cut for magwell". And I know they saw it because it was cut for magwell.

Another fella who ordered similar to me, and was also disappointed, called and they then said "We don't make a thicker grip yet".

So apparently they ignored the "fat" in description and sent thin ones. A bit annoying as the wait was long and the expense was high (94$ + shipping). Maybe they have somebody doing their social media that doesn't understand the product? I don't know but these are useless to me and now I have to deal with getting them returned and finding something else.

My 4th order from LOK. They've been good in the past so I know they will make good, but a bit of a time waster and I can't quite get my head around why they didn't just give me a quick call or email to save us both a lot of time? Everyone makes mistakes I guess.

So, I contacted LOK. They said:

"Sorry our bad. We'll send you out new ones that are FAT like you requested. We will include a self addressed postage paid envelope to send the others back". So I waited another 10 days or so and received new grips. They are IDENTICAL to the thin grips they had previously sent!! They actually sent the exact same thing.

The crazy thing is that they even marked them "fat" on the order, and someone took the time to use a orange hilighter on the note as if it were checked! But they are standard thin. And, they didn't send anything for me to return the old ones.

Now I have two sets of grips I can't use. Don't know what is going on over there, but for 92$ it is a bit annoying.

Anybody need a new pair of LOK thin bogies for Limited/open?