Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P09 Extended Magazine Springs

bemanuel

I plan to build a CZ P09 for Carry Optics.  Settled on using CZC mag extensions but confused about which springs to use.  I prefer Grams but cannot find definitive information regarding availability/fit.  Willing to use a different type of spring (CZC, Wolff, etc.) but information is scarce/confusing.  Anyone running 140mm mags for a P09 with information willing to share?

I'm shooting a CZ P09 in carry optics. I use both springer and CZC base pads. I bought grams follower and spring kit FKC - 11 CZ small frame from Springer Precision and I can get 23 rounds in my magazines with either Springer or CZC base pads. 

I tried the dovetail sight but couldn't get it to stay in place long term. I went ahead and had the slide milled and mounted a DPP. The sight hasn't moved in over 10,000 rounds. Also Cajunized the internals and now my double action trigger pull is under 8 pounds single action is just over 2 pounds pull. Couldn't be happier with the set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, RAP said:

I tried the dovetail sight but couldn't get it to stay in place long term. I went ahead and had the slide milled and mounted a DPP. The sight hasn't moved in over 10,000 rounds. Also Cajunized the internals and now my double action trigger pull is under 8 pounds single action is just over 2 pounds pull. Couldn't be happier with the set up.

Thanks

14 hours ago, RAP said:

I'm shooting a CZ P09 in carry optics. I use both springer and CZC base pads. I bought grams follower and spring kit FKC - 11 CZ small frame from Springer Precision and I can get 23 rounds in my magazines with either Springer or CZC base pads. 

14 hours ago, RAP said:

Factory or Mec-Gar mags?

Both. Some are easier than others. Sorry not sure which ones are easier; factory or Mecgar. I just load em up and shoot.

• 1 month later...