Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Belt - How Does It Work?

tank69

The search didn't yield the answer I was looking for. :(

Since the CR speed is a two piece belt, once you put your holster and mag pouches on your belt, are they there until you pull the belt apart, from it's two velcro'd pieces? I'm seriously thinking of upgrading, but I want a way to set my holster, set my mag pouches and not touch them again. If this isn't possible, is this when you use the velcro to hold the holster/mag pouches in place that I have found on other threads?

Thanks

Tank

I have a CR speed that I don't use, but it is a very popular belt. I don't use mine because my holster just fits the Wilderness CSM model better.

How I ran mine was to put the one portion of the belt through the belt loops in my pants and then put my gear on followed by the outer belt that locked everything in place. If you didn't put it through pants loops you could keep the whole thing set up the way that you wanted.

Others more experienced than I with the product will chime in soon enough.

You put your holster and mag pouches on the thick stiff outer belt where they dont move. You then put the inner thin belt through your pants loops and velcro the whole thing together. The CR speed belt rocks and is way stiff your gear doesnt move.

Mine is used for the same. Put your mag pouches on and set your primary mag pouch (call it #1) at dead center. Put the rest around going to the left (assuming you're right handed) and then hang the holster. The #1 pouch aligns under your belly button so you can put the outer belt on in the same place every time. The belt overlaps behind you and the equipment is in the front.

Cheers

I have 2 cr speed belts and love them, I just wish they had smaller ones. I have a 34" and 32" ...the 34" I use for production and the 32" I use for revolver.

I have a 30 inch waist and the 34" belt I can wrap way on around me.(about 1.5 times, LOL) So I have no clue how they actually determin sizing on those things. I have yet to find one in 30" or I would get one of those. I just dont wanna cut the ones I have to make them shorter.

From the Rescomp (CR Speed) website:

Important For Belt Sizes

When ordering a Belt please Order a Size at least 2 Inches

Bigger than your Pants Waist Size

Not as stiff

The stiffest belt is what you need to look for. The weight of the magazines tends to make the belt roll over and away from the inner belt.

From the Rescomp (CR Speed) website:

Important For Belt Sizes

When ordering a Belt please Order a Size at least 2 Inches

Bigger than your Pants Waist Size

Not as stiff

The stiffest belt is what you need to look for. The weight of the magazines tends to make the belt roll over and away from the inner belt.

Stiffer the better, the cr speed belts hold up well and I really like mine.

Rescomp says 2 inches more than waist size. thats what I went by on my 32" inch one and its still a bit too long and I wear a size 30 pants, so who knows...if I can a vendor that has 30 inch ones I will get one same size as my normal belt, hopefully it will fit me better as I dont like all the overlap I get now.

Don't get the Safariland. Its a nice belt but if you have a full mag on the front the weight will pull the two belts apart. Go with the CR speed belt. I"ll be selling my Safariland shortly.

Flyin40

I have a 30 inch waist and the 34" belt I can wrap way on around me.(about 1.5 times, LOL)

I had one of those several years ago. The 30" waist that is. <_<

I have both the Safariland and the CR Speed. I shoot Paras in Limited/L-10/Open and the Safariland never held the mags steady. They always sagged outward and flopped as I ran. Once I got the CR Speed, the sagging and flopping went away. (At least with the mags- I still sag and flop a bit.)

As already mentioned, get the CR 2" longer than your waist size. Also, depending on what holster and mag pouches you have, CR has the hooks of the velcro on the outer belt so that is what needs to be on your holster and pouches. This is the right way as you can wear your inner belt to the range without tearing up your vehicle upholstery. Safariland does it just the opposite with the hooks on the inner belt.

Craig

Wore 28" belt for years, that was years ago. These days 38" isn't quite the same but momma and I just made 21 years together and neither of us look like we did 20 years ago. Oh, those were the days.

Wore 28" belt for years, that was years ago.  These days 38" isn't quite the same but momma and I just made 21 years together and neither of us look like we did 20 years ago.  Oh, those were the days.

here is me on the start line...

007_7.sized.jpg

I've been that same size since highschool after 15years with my wife I havent changed a bit, my wife is the only one thats changed.. :unsure: LOL

EDIT....just to make sure, I'm the one on the LEFT....LMAO(Ray_Z on right) :P

I shoot production with a glock 34 using a Comp-Tac holster and Comp-Tac mag. holders.Right now I'm using a Wilderness belt to put all this on,my question is will the CCR belt benefit me more and what does most shooters in the prodution class use?

Which comp-tac holster? Bluntly I run a locking paddle which is meant to tuck into the pants and it doesn't seem to lock in place very well with the CR Speed. I think it stays more solid just using it with my Wilderness belt. I bought a CR Speed and with my gear I have never shot a match with it. I think that it would be the cat's meow with a race holster or even something like a bladetech dropped and offset. Just my experience.

I shoot production with a glock 34 using a Comp-Tac holster and Comp-Tac mag. holders.Right now I'm using a Wilderness belt to put all this on,my question is will the CCR belt benefit me more and what does most shooters in the prodution class use?

On the Production Super Squad at Nationals there was only one guy not shooting a CR Speed belt. His looked a lot like a narrow duty belt. I like CR Speed especilally with Production. There's no need to reset the 1/2 dozen mag pouches or holster and every time I put it on I can make sure it's good with the points of my hips. Wearing a belt through loops puts you at the mercy of the belt loops for spacing.

I believe that the belts are supposed to be extra long.

Longer means more velcro  to apply more attachment.

If you have to overlap the belt around your waist you gain nothing in velcro

Shooters Paradise $44.99

Sizes from 28-52

Nice....I will have to order me a 30" and maybe one of the 28's too...thanks for the link

52" holy shit!.....I could buy one of those wrap it around me a couple times and wear 2 guns :D