Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AlphaWolf PCC with rotating, locking bolt

We already had the CMMG guard with "Radial Delayed Blowback" bolt, and now we have the AlphaWolf PCC with "rotating, locking bolt operating system, side charging, short stroke gas piston system".

I didn't go to Show Show this year ... did any of our regular Enos PCC posters get to play with the AlphaWolf PCC at this year's Shot Show?  Or shoot it on range day?

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=922220

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2017/12/08/alphawolf-pistol-caliber-carbine/

1 hour ago, Garmil said:

I'd prefer if it was built on a standard ar platform rather than with the proprietary lower and upper.

That is likely the reason they chose to do it that way, in an attempt to sell more rifles and fewer bolt/barrel combos.  

Also, good shooting Sunday XD45.

48 minutes ago, L9X25 said:

That is likely the reason they chose to do it that way, in an attempt to sell more rifles and fewer bolt/barrel combos.  

Also, good shooting Sunday XD45.

Thank you kind sir.  Had jams on 2 of 6 stages.  Maybe someday I'll get through an entire match with no hardware problems. 

5 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Maybe someday I'll get through an entire match with no hardware problems. 

I had hopes on making you earn it, but I lost my firing pin on the first stage and zeroed it.  I switched to my pistol and finished the match for fun. 

You FL guys are the envy of us northerner's who can't imagine shooting an outdoor match this time  of year.

Another dissenting vote for a proprietary lower/upper design AR.  Interchangeability (to me) is one of the hallmarks of the AR platform.

They are trying to maximize their profits and protect their design.  They would love to make it so that you would have to buy a complete rifle from them, but they need to maintain enough AR compatibility to make it attractive.

This past Sunday was t-shirt and shorts weather, in the high 70's, today's forecast is for 80 degrees.

Edited by L9X25
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:07 AM, AHI said:

Any body actually have one of these guns yet? If so how is it?How does it compare to other platforms / actions etc?

I've got a 9mm Alpha Wolff on order.  No clue when it will show up but I plan to post a full review of it when I get a chance to run it.  There's not much online about this rifle but it looks to be sweet.