Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Target Recommendations

Sarge

I'm in the market for a bunch of Steel Poppers(30+) for upcoming Major Matches. I'm looking for recommendations on the latest and greatest products available. What companies provide the best customer service? What are the best base designs you have seen? Which target and stand seems to last the longest? Any that are problematic or just plain PITA to reset etc? I have contacted many of the larger companies seeking bids but don't want to overlook even small one man operations if they make a good product.

Thanks

sorry, sarge, but MGM is the only answer.  couple things that are huge-

1)  they back the sport better than any other 

2)  they are built to last forever

3)  they are the benchmark for quality

and no, i don't work for them.  i just believe in buying once, and crying once.  

and travis is good people...

I bought a few things from them 3-4 years ago for local matches. As you said, good folks and no problems with any of it. Just making sure before ordering 30-40 mini poppers. :)

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

I like MGM a lot.  Especially their forward fall adaption.  With that said, most of ours are the sportsman series that we have built bigger bases for.   We have maybe 16? Of them.  We have shot them every month for over 2 years & they show zero damage except the 1 a guy shot with his rifle.....?  The 1/4" steel of the sportsman fall when hit.  Period.