Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trubor light strikes?

TANFARM

Have a relatively well used 9 mm STI Trubor. Started having intermittent light primer strikes as of late.

shootng same minor load as I’ve run through my limited pistol...... shot thousands of the same load...CCI small pistol, BB 147,N320.....any thoughts.......oversize firing pin ?....treating symptoms not problem??

Thanks.

CCI Primers are very hard primers. I personally do not use them as I have had light strikes with them as well with my Czechmate (2 in about 1500). Change primers and you should be good to go. Another solution would be to get an extended firing pin OR get a lightened firing pin spring. Either will suffice.

1 hour ago, TANFARM said:

Curious why an Extra Strength firing pin spring would help...I would think the opposite......

Hello: The one I tested which was a extra power firing pin spring was actually a weaker spring than the one that came with the pistol. So the extra power means weaker spring giving a harder primer strike. That is what i found when I tested the spring. Thanks, Eric

Firing pin spring in my TruBor started showing wear on the sides...  Thought I'd use one of the Wolff firing pin springs that comes in their recoil spring package...  It was way too long and heavy...  Kept using my old spring... 

Would like to find some standard firing pin springs.