Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yet Another Vanek Trigger Post.....

lbritt

I realize this topic has been covered many times but the posts I searched were somewhat dated.

I had been very unhappy with the trigger of my G17. I weighed several options including all the DIY triggers. I finally settled on trusting Charlie Vanek with one of his custom triggers. I called him and explained exactly what I was looking for. Shipped the gun out and received it back within the same work week. You can't complain about a five day turn around on custom gun work especially when that time includes shipping. Charlie offered a level of customer service that is just unheard of this day and time. Charlie was very responsive to emails and spent all the time needed to answer my questions on the phone.

Now about the trigger. At the time of this posting I have only had the chance to dry fire my G17. All I can say is, WOW!!!!!!. This trigger went beyond my expectations. Charlie's work met exactly what I requested. I have never felt a Glock trigger like this one. I relayed to him what was important to me and he produced just that. I could not have asked for a better experience. I will be on the range first thing tomorrow sending some rounds down range.

The important thing to mention here is that Charlie does not just offer one particular custom trigger. He can taylor his work around what you want. Every shooter is different and certain things are more important than others. Charlie simply makes it happen.

To anyone thinking about a Vanek Trigger, have no worries, your mouth will drop just like mine at the first trigger pull. Just in case you are wondering, I have never met Charlie Vanek and would not know him if he walked in my door right now. In fact he lives several states away from me. He, and his work, is for real. I'm just another satisfied Vanek customer.

Just in case you are wondering, my G17 now has a one pound ten ounce trigger with a very, very, very crisp break.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i was getting ready to send my 22 to charlie over this winter. in the past week i picked up a 35 and i think it pretyt much has what vanek does already. to those of you who have had one done, does he use the STOCK trigger and bar, or a lightning strike trigger assembly??

i was getting ready to send my 22 to charlie over this winter. in the past week i picked up a 35 and i think it pretyt much has what vanek does already. to those of you who have had one done, does he use the STOCK trigger and bar, or a lightning strike trigger assembly??

Stock.

i have heard that the Vanek trigger is roughly 1.5-2 lbs, does anyone know what the travel from start to break is...

I have a lightning strike trigger, and 3.5 Ghost trigger bar witht he over travel tab that you file down, and an allen screw in the front of the trigger block to stop reset, and lightened springs and plunger.. havent guage tested mine for pull lb. but i know the travel to break is exactly 1/8 of an inch ... and the secondary little trigger/safety STILL works like its suposed to.. its amazing...

pull is roughly 2lbs... just guessing, and the guy i bought it from did this HIMSELF....

Still think im going to send my 22 to vanek and compare the 2 side by side when i get them back

I am still trying to decide whether to get the Vanek Trigger or the Ralph Sotelo trigger. I have a while to decide. I am still figuring out the pros and cons. I still have had the chance to try out one or the other but hopefully, I will get the chance to do so in December.

I have one of Ralphs triggers on order for my 35 and will post a review and compare it to the Vanek trigger on my 34. Charlie installs both an over-travel and reset screw to mininize overtravel in both directions (which is very nice) But it's still a Glock trigger and will always have a fair amount of play in it.

Lone Wolf Dist. has a trigger housing with an overtravel screw already installed, so I'm going to try that in conjunction with Ralphs trigger.