Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kung Fu Tv Series

benos

For years, I've been searching for the TV series Kung Fu (on even just VHS tape). For whatever reason I've never been able to find it. Well yesterday, I was talking about that to a friend on the phone, and we were also talking about Netlfix, so I thought what the heck - I'll do a search for it on Netflix. And what do you know - Seasons 1 and 2 are on DVD!!! :D:D:D

I've got 14 Kung Fu DVD's in my Netflix que! It's happy time.

be

I loved watching it as a kid. I recently got the first season on Netflix. Some of it is dated and cheesy, but I was still impressed. Some of the wisdom imparted is very insightful.

For years, I've been searching for the TV series Kung Fu (on even just VHS tape). For whatever reason I've never been able to find it. Well yesterday, I was talking about that to a friend on the phone, and we were also talking about Netlfix, so I thought what the heck - I'll do a search for it on Netflix. And what do you know - Seasons 1 and 2 are on DVD!!!  :D  :D  :D

I've got 14 Kung Fu DVD's in my Netflix que! It's happy time.

be

How is NetFlix?

I grew up on that stuff. I was just thinking of an episode on the way home from a week's vacation tonight. A bird flew out on the highway and I ran into it with the windshield of the car. It's rare but it does happen. My son in the backseat started to comment on the bird was stupid. I thought of grabbing a walking stick and crack him (figuratively) across the shin and I proclaimed "fly".

Those were the days.

How is NetFlix?

Netflix is the absolute greatest thing that's happened to the internet. Once you click around it a bit, you'll find it's sooooo much easier than picking movies out at a movie store. And I think they have shipping locations everywhere, so it doesn't take long for the turnaround. In Tempe (AZ), if I put the movies in my mailbox Monday morning, I have the new movies on Wednesday. Every time.

be

Netflix is great. I've been a customer since they've been in business. They've got shipping locations all over the country (26 of 'em, I think), I believe with the stated goal of being able to get a DVD to any customer within 48 hours of mailing it. They also continuously add features that actually work. Of note is the ability to add an entire season of a series to one's queue and more recently, the addition of multiple queues for the same account.

This isn't a paid endorsement, though I wish it was. I interviewed with them at one point and found out that they have really smart management. Unfortunately, the position never materialized.

At one point a couple of years ago, there was an issue with their queue fulfillment algorithm that caused the most active customers to have to wait longer to receive DVDs than inactive customers. They never officially responded to this issue that I know of, but it did just go away. I haven't had a problem with wait times on DVDs in a long time. It was particularly bad for the titles that might be both rare and somewhat popular like a foreign film that just won an award or rave reviews. I don't watch new releases, but I believe they try to make sure that everyone that has one queued actually receives it on the day of release.

That's kind of sad after having just joined... I've never received a broken disc. I wondered about that when I first saw how they shipped them. But I'm sure the savings in postage (for them) more than outweighs the occasional broken disc.

be

I've never received a broken DVD from Netflix. I received some that wouldn't play, but that's pretty rare. They'll ship one out the same day if you let them know that you have a damaged disk via the website.

Netflix rocks. I had an account when they first started, then I quit it for a while and just re-opened my account a couple days ago. The web interface is way cooler than it used to be. It used to be a serious pain the ass, now it's very slick.

I hate video stores. What a waste of time. Netflix is amazing, it's really a shame their stock is getting so hammered. With such an amazing product, you'd think they'd be doing better.

I also heard that they actually lose money (due to postage costs) on accounts that rent more than 5 movies a month...that can't be good.

I've never received a broken DVD from Netflix.  I received some that wouldn't play, but that's pretty rare.  They'll ship one out the same day if you let them know that you have a damaged disk via the website.

I went and did Netflix's process for damaged dvd's. Hopefully I'll receive the replacement dvd tomorrow. I'm watching a series so it sucks when things get out of whack.

I don't know if Netflix is sending damaged(missing QC) dvds or there's disgruntled postal workers in my neck of the woods. Received number two damaged dvd today, that's two out nine so far. Even though I've received damaged dvds Netflix is very convenient.

Netflix is the absolute greatest thing that's happened to the internet.

Unfortunately it's pretty rough on the little "Mom & Pop" video stores. Meimei owns a video rental store, between B'buster, H'wood & Netflix her business is seriously down. If it weren't for the Fillipino, Chinese, and Adult movies which so far the Big 3 aren't renting she would be out of business.

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable.

• 2 weeks later...