Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ATF approves 11.5 inch AR15 NO Tax Stamp

lfine

It is my sincere hope that these take off in 3gun, and that everyone but me starts using them.

Dumbest gun in the history of the world, but very popular among storm troopers and people shooting at Jack Bauer.

Edited by NoKimberDave

I suspect this would fall under the logic of once a rifle always a rifle but if its a pistol you can make it a rifle and then convert it back (thompson center vs atf case over contender pistol rifle conversion)

Thinking if you wanted to do this you'd have to use something transfered as a reciever (was never a rifle) and the get the barrel and build.   it's so sketchy I'd want a letter from the atfe technical branch with my name on it saying it's ok before i built one myself...

1 minute ago, StealthyBlagga said:

At a time when short AR pistols with braces are so inexpensive and prolific, this looks like the definitive "answer to a question nobody asked". :blink:

Yes and no.  The performance will limit this but there are a lot of people that have or want short barreled rifles.

At an MSRP of nearly $2,000 AND the straight "rifling" which they admit keyholes at about 50 yards I predict this turd will flop. They claim 4-5moa accuracy with off the shelf ammunition. What an expensive joke. You can build an accurate SBR with tax stamp and have money left over.

FAIL!

Oh, I'm sorry. They are working with some ammunition manufacturers on a special stabilized load to hopefully bring it to 1moa +/-.

No, wait, not sorry.

FAIL!

Edited by PatriotMRD