Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex hammer kit fro S&W 627

tomv

The Apex hammer is one of the few products that works as advertised, I have found that with proper polishing of the internal contact areas and re-profiling  the rebound slide, five to six pound double action trigger pulls are extremely reliable.  "well seated federal primers are a must for reliable ignition below 8 lbs."

I just spoke to Apex. The guy I spoke to said tha their hammer kit doesn't reduce trigger pull weight and that a gunsmith is required to install the kit. For this reason there are no installation instructions.

I've installed a couple of action enhancement and forward set sear kits in M&P guns and was hoping that this kit would go in as easily as those.

Are there any instructions available for this? So far, I've been unable to find anything.

22 minutes ago, tomv said:

I just spoke to Apex. The guy I spoke to said tha their hammer kit doesn't reduce trigger pull weight and that a gunsmith is required to install the kit. For this reason there are no installation instructions.

I've installed a couple of action enhancement and forward set sear kits in M&P guns and was hoping that this kit would go in as easily as those.

Are there any instructions available for this? So far, I've been unable to find anything.

Well, Technically he is correct. Just putting the hammer in does not automatically reduce trigger pull weight. 

The bobbed hammer is merely a tool in an arsenal among other things that will give you a better lighter trigger pull.  A bobbed hammer, is lighter - and will travel faster then a factory while falling. Lighter hammer = faster fall -  E=Mc2 + 77632 x 2 = hits primer gooder.

Essentially, having the bobbed hammer in conjunction with LIGHTER SPRING tension on the main spring will increase reliability over a factory hammer. 

Edited by alecmc