Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Have FeedBack on KE ARMS 9mm Ambi Lower

I have a non-ambi lower.  One of the guys at the shop that built mine got an ambi at the same time, but I don't think he's built it up yet.  My only complaint is that the mag release is a little hard for me to reach.  I'd like to be able to slap an extended lever in there, but KE said they don't know of any that work with their lowers due to the shape.  Other than that it's been great with both Glock and ETS mags.

As for the trigger, I got the stripped lower and put a CMC flat trigger in mine.

I only have the right-side model, not the ambi, but from what I saw when I looked at the one my friend bought, it seemed the same on both sides.  My hands are average size, and I don't have a problem with the mag release on my AR, but the release on my KE lower is stiffer than my AR.  I find it a little more difficult to easily activate without moving my finger farther forward to get more leverage on it.  It could become easier with use (I only have ~700 rounds through my PCC at this point).  If you have longer fingers, it probably wouldn't be a problem.

13 hours ago, jlo86cj said:

If you look at their website they have an animation of it. It’s more of a design to be ambi, and the KE struck me as an add on to existing designs.

This, I have the Gibbz Ambi and for a lefty or righty it is a good lower. Well made. My only very small complaint and it really doesn't matter to me is that it doesn't have a bolt hold open on it. 

gerritm

1 hour ago, gerritm said:

This, I have the Gibbz Ambi and for a lefty or righty it is a good lower. Well made. My only very small complaint and it really doesn't matter to me is that it doesn't have a bolt hold open on it. 

gerritm

With no LRBHO, I don't mind not having the bolt stop...even though it's nice to be able to manually lock the bolt back in certain situations.

They are also working on a left handed bolt and side charge upper.

• 10 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:35 PM, MrPan said:

What uppers do you have on your ke lowers, sorry to revive this thread from the dead but can't find anyone else who has mentioned anything about ke in ever

I have an NFA upper on a standard (non-ambi) KE lower.

I am less then thrilled with mine. After 2 trouble-free Colt builds - a PSA and a Quarter circle 10 - I thought I'd try a Glock lower. I liked the extended left-hand mag release on the KE - it works like a champ. However, the lower had issues. 

1. The ejector had to be relieved on the underside for mags to seat
  2. The safety detent channel was hundredths undersized  (I don't have a pin set so I can't say how much) such that I had to take a 1/8 drill bit and cut the channel to size by hand. 
  3. The mag release is misfit and hangs open when you use the right-handed release button. I haven't worked on that yet, as I'm a lefty, but that's next on the list.

For $200 I expect the lower to function 100% with maybe a single. minor glitch, but this is just sloppy manufacturing and bad QC - been there, done that, know what it looks like. Maybe this is Karma biting me in the ass ?. All that said, it has run 100% with glock and magpul mags for 300 rounds or so.

There is a real need for a lefty Glock lower that is ready to roll right out of the box. 

Also, I'm running an Aero Precision upper - fits fine.

7 hours ago, Brewski said:

I am less then thrilled with mine. After 2 trouble-free Colt builds - a PSA and a Quarter circle 10 - I thought I'd try a Glock lower. I liked the extended left-hand mag release on the KE - it works like a champ. However, the lower had issues. 

1. The ejector had to be relieved on the underside for mags to seat
  2. The safety detent channel was hundredths undersized  (I don't have a pin set so I can't say how much) such that I had to take a 1/8 drill bit and cut the channel to size by hand. 
  3. The mag release is misfit and hangs open when you use the right-handed release button. I haven't worked on that yet, as I'm a lefty, but that's next on the list.

For $200 I expect the lower to function 100% with maybe a single. minor glitch, but this is just sloppy manufacturing and bad QC - been there, done that, know what it looks like. Maybe this is Karma biting me in the ass ?. All that said, it has run 100% with glock and magpul mags for 300 rounds or so.

There is a real need for a lefty Glock lower that is ready to roll right out of the box. 

Also, I'm running an Aero Precision upper - fits fine.

I forgot I did have the safety hole issue but it was easily rectified.  The mag release catching is just a matter of spinning the nut. No issue on the ejector or the spare I picked up.  I did clean them up a bit as they are a bit rough on the edges.  Other than the safety pin hole mine was plug and play.