Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Mississippi Classic State/sectional Oct. 8-9

SORRY JOHN!! my bust, I just fiqured out how to use it and open it, OK so I'm a dumba** :P ,all the information is their like you said. And i don't now why you would misspell my last name, I can count on one hand the amount of people outside of family that can spell it without looking. Again sorry for the mixup :(

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I'm all loaded up(not with alcohol) and ready to head down and Kick some Mississippi BUTT !!!!!! B)

Gonna be great, picking up CJL32 on the way and talking trash and smack all the way there (he's from Mississippi) about how bad I'm going to kick some Mississippi BUTT, Just like TENNESSEE did the Mississippi Rubbels....Oops rebels and will the Bullpuppies!!!! :P:P:D:D:lol::lol: (If they had to play them this year, the bullpuppies that is)

Can't hardly wait for some good BO-Dons seafood Buffet on Sat Night!!!!!Man that stuff is good.

See ya'll there, DJL32 and I are RO'ing stage 4 so bring a smile, if you don't have one we'll find you one. ;)

HOP

hoppy

bo-dons sounds great only if you are buying. ever been to swinging bridge?

food is out of this world. ronnie said you can buy there also. hope there are a lot of a's on stage four. if not how much do they cost?

see yah!!! friday

roger

Ok, I'm tired and I've got a pretty nice sun burn already but the stages are set up, I got our final Level III + Points Series approval last night, and everything looks good to go. I picked up the shirts today and I'm really happy with the way they turned out and the awards arrived in record time on Monday (thanks Manny!). Can't wait to see all my friends coming to town this weekend. It's a ton of work and I never do well at our match so I can't figure out why I like this so much but I do. I really think this one is going to be great so if there are any of you who haven't signed up yet, just get in the car and come on. We'll get you in somewhere.

John

Ok, I'm tired and I've got a pretty nice sun burn already but the stages are set up, I got our final Level III + Points Series approval last night, and everything looks good to go.  I picked up the shirts today and I'm really happy with the way they turned out and the awards arrived in record time on Monday (thanks Manny!).  Can't wait to see all my friends coming to town this weekend.  It's a ton of work and I never do well at our match so I can't figure out why I like this so much but I do.  I really think this one is going to be great so if there are any of you who haven't signed up yet, just get in the car and come on.  We'll get you in somewhere. 

John

sunburn in oct. so kewl!

lynn

James, His last name is A$$.....I mean Lofton!

Congrats to all who showed up, after last years Monsoon anything was better but as far as weather goes, a person could not ask for any better.

The Magnolia Club did another jam up job of Hosting the Mississippi Section, I hear from a little birdie that they are going to do some dirtwork between now and next year.........can only get better.

Great match John, you organized it well! :)

HOP

Edited by hopalong

This was the first time I've shot the Mississippi Classic and I've got to say, if their is any way I'll be there next year too. All and I mean all of the stages were great. #8 was the best, although I got a MIKE on it. <_< Is this what they mean by a hose fest?

Thanks to all for another Great 2005 match.

Ronnie

chad lofton -      limited

brad griffen open

sam keen    rev.

j. brister prod

me          lim 10

Great match and beautiful weather!!!!!

Hey!?

me - High Lady Open

:D

Nice to meet so many more BErs!

Great match and soooo much fun!!! Thanks to everyone!!!

......and she won it with most talked about flaming gun!

i had a great time at the match. john and his staff were great! good stages and well run. i need to learn not to give of 50 pts. in penalties.

the awards were a suprise. hopalong started it all off by donating his prize money to tom and romona duchmann of action shooting supply who lost everyting in the katrina hurricaine. seems everyone else did the same. what a great sport! good job. great people. i just wish i had won something. :lol:

lynn

I wish she had come thru my stage in the AM and I could have warmed my hands. I know I asked her what powder she was using but I could not hear the answer. Actually, it was really nice to meet Sharyn and see other BErs.

The next time you attend a match that you enjoy, make sure you thank the MD. John deserves the lion's share of praise for how well the match ran. You would not believe the issues he had to deal with due to hurricanes Katrina and Rita, yet he worked through all the problems to make sure the shooters enjoyed the match. After teardown he was aking for feedback as to how we could make the match better next year.

I wish she had come thru my stage in the AM and I could have warmed my hands. I know I asked her what powder she was using but I could not hear the answer.

Morning for warming hands... afternoon for hotdogs... evening for marshmallows. :lol:moverfive, I'm just glad your focus was on my flaming gun rather than my dismal performance on Stage 7!!! :D

FOR THE RECORD: 8.2gr N350, MG 124gr JHP, Federal 205 primers, ~1.240 OAL, 171 PF. m'kay? :D FYI, I picked up some 4756 from Tom Duchmann. ;)

Ok... I just have to tell this story...

My objective for this match was to test my stage analysis abilities. While scoping out a stage on Friday, I hear someone behind me "No, no, that's not the way to shoot it. Take a step to the left." (or something like that). My reaction was, "Dude! I just got here. I'm trying to figure it out. Back off." I didn't SAY that, of course... I was just thinking it. ;) I got a little pissy about the unsolicited advice, so I kinda huffed off and went to the next stage. I may have grumbled a few remarks...

Sooo... Debra and I are sitting at the awards ceremony when "High Overall Open, Brad Griffin!" is announced. I lean over to whisper to Debra... "oops! I think that was the guy who was trying to give me advice..." :unsure:

Anyhow, I learned a little lesson although I still wanted to figure out the stages on my own. I apologize for my initial reaction to your advice and I'm glad I got this opportunity to do so. (I felt kinda bad after I huffed off... I even commented that I needed to lose the chip on my shoulder.) I don't need to be sassy to anyone and I'll try to improve my initial reactions to anyone offering advice.

(like I said, I think it was the same person... ?)

BismarckC's stage... hey?!?! where's the flames?

me.jpg

Nick kickin' up some dust

nick2.jpg

The very cool waterfall stage

me1.jpg

nick.jpg

Edited by Sharyn

The determination it takes to win B Class... Way to go, Forrest!

forrest.jpg

Fortunately... airgunning is legal!

group.jpg

John Heiter did an outstanding job! Thank you! I'm anxious to see the "Mississippi-style wedding engagement" pics... :lol:

Kudos to John for a Great Job as MD and for finding a dry weekend. We couldn't have asked for more beautiful conditions to shoot. I can't remember the last time I got to shoot in such ideal weather and was thoroughly thankful (I had my rain/cold gear ready but all I needed was my zip off warm up pants which came off around 10:30 am, a t-shirt under my uniform shirt and a light jacket). Everything ran very smoothly, John got us thru all shooting in 1 day, lots of fun stages including that unique waterfall stage.

Reward & Prizes were taken care of in an equally orderly fashion.

Thanks Alot, to John and all of the great crew at the match!

My objective for this match was to test my stage analysis abilities.  While scoping out a stage on Friday, I hear someone behind me "No, no, that's not the way to shoot it.  Take a step to the left." (or something like that).  My reaction was, "Dude!  I just got here.  I'm trying to figure it out.  Back off."  I didn't SAY that, of course... I was just thinking it.  ;)  I got a little pissy about the unsolicited advice, so I kinda huffed off and went to the next stage.  I may have grumbled a few remarks...

Sooo... Debra and I are sitting at the awards ceremony when "High Overall Open, Brad Griffin!" is announced.  I lean over to whisper to Debra... "oops!  I think that was the guy who was trying to give me advice..."  :unsure:

Anyhow, I learned a little lesson although I still wanted to figure out the stages on my own.  I apologize for my initial reaction to your advice and I'm glad I got this opportunity to do so.  (I felt kinda bad after I huffed off... I even commented that I needed to lose the chip on my shoulder.)  I don't need to be sassy to anyone and I'll try to improve my initial reactions to anyone offering advice. 

(like I said, I think it was the same person... ?)

hi Sharyn,

that was probably brad. he's that way. take no offence he'a good guyl

sorry i didn't meet you at the match.

lynn

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to the match this weekend. To me it seemed like everyone just got together to make sure I personally had a good time. The RO's worked really hard to make sure that my job was easy and the competitors were all just great. I've got too many thoughts and thank you's floating around in my head right now to get it all down here now but I just don't see how it could have gone any better for me. Ok, maybe it would have been nice if I had actually hit a couple of the targets I was aiming at in the RO match but who cares. Thanks guys.

A couple highlights I wish everyone could have seen...

Jack sticking his comp completely under water on stage 8. Sharyn can make flames but Jack can make instant fog.

Catching the Limited High Overall Champion taking care of some business in the porta-pot and pushing him across the range with my 4-wheeler.

The look on Hank's face when I accidentally gave away his personal pocket knife during the prize table drawing. Don't put it on the table if you don't want it given away.

and best of all, Tom and Ramona after the prize table. Thanks to everyone who helped make that happen. The money won't mean nearly as much as the care and generosity behind it.

Enough mush, here are the results :

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/