Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

speed holser for glocks with frame weight-thumb rest ?

sigsauerfan

Just to be clear about these questions:

"is  it  a  toni system mod'ed  unit   they sell on their  website?"

don't know  who  offer  this  holster, they're  goin to sell  quite some  as  they're  the 1st  one  selling a  speed holster  to accomodate  this  increasingly popular set up.

very  neat.i  love  what  has  been done  to  the  ghost unit ;  does  it involve  cutting in the material  only  or  did  they had  to  relocate  some  of  the  holster's   internals ?"

1. Go to the Toni Systems website and choose the English version. Browse the products.

2. Use the contact function to email them the product(s) you want. Answer any questions they may email back including payment method. I used PayPal.

3. They sent an email attached invoice itemizing charges, taxes, shipping. I approved through PayPal.

4. They sent the goods.

5. Given the time zone difference between Italy and California, I would wake up to find an email response to my questions that I'd sent the day before.

6. I don't recall seeing the holster listed on the website, but they suggested it in response to my asking for a recommendation for a holster that worked with my G35 and their frame weight.

7. Then I went through the same email, invoice and PayPal sequence to order the holster. Toni Systems did the modification on a holster they supplied. It was a package deal. The modifications did not alter the internals.

If you are good with your hands, buy your own holster and modify it yourself, knowing it will be trial and error, removing material and test fitting until you get it right.

I am not that guy, so I had Toni Systems provide the holster and do the modifications. That took no more than about two weeks from order to receipt of the final product. 

They did a great job. I like the functionality of the frame weight with the option of right or left hand thumb rest or attachment of their mount for a red dot. There were several different style thumb rests to choose from.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I did this same thing to Ghost "The One" Holster as well, to fit the SJC weight. The sides had to be cut down further, as that weight is bigger then the Toni one. I had to then also inlay the trench that the barrel rod lays in, so that it would clear the weight, and work. It isn't the greatest looking, (my dremel and I got squirelly,) but it works great. I will post some pics soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

i'm  working  on   my  new  ''ghost the one'''  holster  to  fit  my  34  and 35  equiped  with the toni system set up.

the only thing i'm still  not  sure  about  is    the  barrel  support  that comes  with the  holster.i  don't  feel the need  for  it, but  it  seems  like   the  plate  holding it  on the  holster  would  need  some  grinding  ,  for   the  gun  to   sit   straight  once  locked  in. 

there's  also  a  white  buffer   which  is  screwed  in the holster .not sure  if  this  has   to  be    used  as  a  leveling  device,so  the  gun rubs  against  this  buffer  instead  of  rubbing on the  metal  plate  who  holds  the  barrel  support rod.

i'm being  carefull  with this  job.once  the  dremel starts  to  eat  the  material,there's  no  turning back lol.

will post  the end  result  once  it's  done.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm finally  done  with my  quest for  a  speed  holster  for  my  frame weight -thumb rest equipped  glocks  for limited.

had  to  grind  the  muzzle  support rails  where the  support rod  rides,otherwise  the gun wouldn't  sit straight in the holster once  locked.  this  holster is  no race master.not as  well  built. lots of  plastic,and  i'»m not  in love  with the locking knob,nor do  i like  the motion that has  to  be  used  to  draw. no  straight  draw  with that one, a  forward  motion is  needed  to  get the gun out the holster. i'm not used  to it, but  it's  only  a  holster, no big deal. we  draw  what, 10 times  in a  whole match?  otherwise, i  really like the look of  this  set up. i    would get  rid  of  the muzzle  support  thing, but it  greatly  help  at  reholstering the  gun since  you  have  to  put  the  muzzle  on its  knob,then push the gun  in  ,  exactly the  reverse  motion needed  to  get it out the  holster.

DSC04441.thumb.JPG.9d8612291e3a329dd347401b8c1846c1.JPG

Edited by sigsauerfan

8 hours ago, sigsauerfan said:

i'm wondering why this  website  doesn't allows  for  more  pics.i'm limited  to  2  pics. that is  quite lame  IMHO.

I believe it's two per post. If you have three or more just make additional posts. At least that worked for me. See page two.

Edited by Paul49

16 hours ago, Paul49 said:

Beautiful work.

..well.....took me  couple  days  to  achieve  a  nice  finish,otherwise  it  would  have been quite  rough.i'm not the most patient kind  of  guy,

when i  was  unpacking the  thing  ,   i  was    already  waving my  dremel   up in the air lol.....then i  tought: hmmmm...better  take  your  time  because  i  will have to  live  with it  for  quite some time.......i  hate  to  look  at  something   thinking: wheeew. what a mess LOLOL!!

Paul,if  you notice, i  choose  a  square   cut  instead  of  a  descending slope  like yours.i'm not sure  i  prefer  what i  did,but  i  wasn't  comfortable  doing  the  round  cut  as yours.  your  unit   looks  maybe  a  little  more  ''finished''  because  the  round  cut  .  i  should  have put   more  time  into  it  ,  i  guess    a  jig  would  have  helped  to  perform the round  cut. looking at your  holster,  i   ight decide  to  round  off both sides  .looks  much better to  my eyes. but it's  now  functionnal.

the  locking knob bother  me  with no end.  i  feel this  flimsy  bustin knob isn't goin to last for  long. too fragile  in my opinion.

i  can't  help  than wondering WHY O WHY  DAA  hasn't still figured  out  a  holster  for  such  set up!!!!!  we  all know  this  set up  is  incresingly popular,  and  we  will    see it  more  and more  on the  firing line  in the  next  2  years.

Edited by sigsauerfan

Perhaps that rounded corner looks more professional, but....

Take a close look at my photos. They cut the walls of the channel for the barrel guide lower than you did. There is less height to the walls on both sides of the barrel guide bar. There is more clearance under the frame weight, maybe more than necessary, since you can see the barrel guide bar is closer to the bottom surface of the frame weight than are the reduced walls. Your approach may retain more solidity.

at least  our holster  works.

i  hope  DAA  will release  an insert  for  this  set up. might buy it  . i  just hope  that  it'll  work  with our  existing  race master magnetic  frame .  wouldn't  buy  a  complete  holster  again,but honestly  i  hope  DAA  comes  with   a  new  insert    to  accomodate  this  set up  . DAA  race master  are much  more well  built  than the  amadini  units.

• 2 weeks later...

the options for an sjc frame weight seems to be either Ghost the one or the cr speed wsm2.  the ghost looks like there is more work actually modifying the holster body and the barrel support, the cr speed just appears to be some sanding on the barrel support.  Which is the better product.  Does anyone want to get rid of one ?

for me it all  went down to the  less  bulky one.it is  the ghost.

and i  know that with the cr speed ,you must order the gun specific  one.....not the universal  unit  you must  add  or  remove the spacers  to  accomodate  different trigger   guard   thickness .

Edited by sigsauerfan

• 3 months later...

I decided to go with the CR Speed WSM2 since I'm adding a comp to a G34. I haven't done the modification so for now here is a before picture:

Before:

thumbnail_IMG_5099.jpg.a2d797c040d33c328f3281a8181e05a9.jpg

You can see that the gun doesn't fully seat down due to the back of the weight hitting the mount in front of the trigger guard. 

Edited by telligentgunner

• 3 weeks later...