Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal small rifle/ mag pistol primer sensitivity

5pins

I believe federal have the softest cup compared to the other brands of primers out there. The magnum and small rifle will be harder than the standard but they should still be softer than their counterparts. How long has it been since you rebuilt your glock? You may want to replace your striker spring. You can also get an extended/lightened striker to help with these issues as well. 

As stated, I'd check the pistol before the primers. The glocks I've had all fired with multiple different brands of primers with no issues until my spring got all dirty and was slowing down travel and not hitting primer hard enough

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jmoreno88 said:

As stated, I'd check the pistol before the primers. The glocks I've had all fired with multiple different brands of primers with no issues until my spring got all dirty and was slowing down travel and not hitting primer hard enough

I agree, I have loaded CCI (both Small pistol and Small rifle in my Glock loads), Tula and Winchester primers with no problems.  I did have to replace my striker which I thought was odd but maybe that was due to the hard primers.  

I'm not concerned about the pistol, I set it up that way. As long as I can get Fed SSP's it performs perfectly. But sometimes they are not available and so I was curious if SR and SPM worked as well.