Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack

Novie

U se the single stack rigs Ben Stoeger sells. It comes with the Double Alpha Racer mag pouches.

http://benstoegerproshop.com/single-stack-complete-rig-with-boss-holster-daa-racer-mag-pocuhes-and-daa-belts-for-uspsa/

I've been pretty happy with this set up. I use the Comp-Tac holster. As far as how many mag pouches I have 5 on the bely. I have yet to run out of magazines, although I have come close once or twice. 6 would not be a bad idea. FWIW I just snuck into being a "C" class shooter, so I tend to burn more ammo than a better shooter might in a stage. I also shoot at a couple of clubs that love steel mixed into the stages. Shooting steel can be a merciless suck on your ammo if you are not careful!!!

in the long run, if you don't already have a race-belt or holster, the above advice from eureka1911 makes sense, just buy it all at once and start practicing. but it sounds like you already have everything else....  If you think you might ever want to run bullets-out, then the DAA racer pouches are the shiznit. That's what my wife runs, and I probably would too except that I already had some safariland pouches before then. Single pouches are imho the only choice if your are serious, because you can adjust the angle and spacing.

In general, I think 5 mag pouches is the minimum for major. You may get by with 4 shooting minor. This assumes that you bring an extra mag in your pocket to start with.

I prefer CR Speed Versa pouches, but you need to also buy 1911 magazine spacers, making them close to $35 each, and you really need 5.  That really adds up!  Whatever you choose, make sure you can adjust the angle, with forward pouches being more raked and rear pouches more vertical.

Edited by CHLChris

Going thru same issue just switched from Limited to SS siding Bladetech but they don’t work well for me was thinking about ordering some DAA racers seems like people like them and I use them on my limited rig 

• 2 weeks later...

I also use eight of the racers on my belt with bullets pointing out. So far I really like them for the past six months I’ve been using them. But I will suggest putting loctite on all the screws because everything DAA makes needs that anyways